The Commercial Appeal: Tennessee Super 25 prep football preseason poll.

kwc

1 hour ago, kwc said:

Just out of curiosity on my part, where would you put EHS on this particular poll? WHere would you put Greenville, while we are at it?

I would have to agree with EHS Track that top 10-20 range for both teams.  They have Knox Central at #5 which don't get me wrong they are a good team but not top 5 with what they lost and a new coach (Which will do good but still first time ever being a head coach and this is coming from someone who knows Craney who is former Greeneville Greene Devils).  They have Oak Ridge at #17 a team that DB for example beat 41-6 last year and DB returns almost their entire team from last year who also only lost to Alcoa 21-6 at Alcoa.  What really is throwing everyone off is the fact they put Hardin Co. #24 when Betsy returns almost their entire team. Hardin Co didn't even make it out of the Quarters in 4a against a team Betsy could have hung over 40 points on if they wanted to and only gave up 3 first down the entire game against in the championship.  Both Betsy and Greeneville have a lot coming back and were the 2 best 4a teams last year if you watched either of those teams play.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I would have Betsy #11 AC #12 and Greeneville at #13. I do not believe Geeeneville is as good this year but they will always be good. If that makes sense. And it's time the Mavs finally get over the hump this year. Green Monster has to go down. LOL......Lucky #13 for our Devilman.

So, let me see if I get this right. You wanna take Betsy, AC, and Greenville and put the at numbers 11, 12, and 13. Checking the list has those as the following:

11. Memphis University School 116 pts.

Last season: 10-2. This week: Open.

12. Whitehaven 107 pts.

13. Christ Presbyterian Academy 105 pts.

Last season: 7-7. This week: at Riverdale.

Soooo you wanna put those guys in front of MUS, Whitehaven, and CPA.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOKkkkkk ... it's your world. I'm just a squirl ...

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, kwc said:

So, let me see if I get this right. You wanna take Betsy, AC, and Greenville and put the at numbers 11, 12, and 13. Checking the list has those as the following:

11. Memphis University School 116 pts.

12. Whitehaven 107 pts.

13. Christ Presbyterian Academy 105 pts.

Last season: 7-7. This week: at Riverdale.

Soooo you wanna put those guys in front of MUS, Whitehaven, and CPA.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOKkkkkk ... it's your world. I'm just a squirl ...

Lol no but had to get the #13 in for Greeneville. At worst #23, 24 and 25. They are 4A after all but I would at least have them in top 25. But there are a lot other team's that should not be in there at all. IMO Lol I know I know what you mean. It did sound good. :)

5 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

KWC- what do you guys have this year on defense?  Yall lost some absolute studs last year.

We had a lot of seniors on last years team that started on D. A lot of new faces this season. A lot of guys last year subbed in and out last season, but the D will see a lot of fresh faces.

Edited by kwc

Guys, don't get to worked up over a meaningless  preseason poll. I use to think it meant something when my kids played.It meant something alright.The number one ranked team in the state got beat in the first round  by a team that was just over .500 on the year. I'd much rather be a top team that didn't get the respect of ( joe whoever ) as to be the hunted and have an average team with a big head.

1 hour ago, BatmanLives said:

Guys, don't get to worked up over a meaningless  preseason poll. I use to think it meant something when my kids played.It meant something alright.The number one ranked team in the state got beat in the first round  by a team that was just over .500 on the year. I'd much rather be a top team that didn't get the respect of ( joe whoever ) as to be the hunted and have an average team with a big head.

I don’t totally agree with the poll either.  I have a lot of respect for ETN teams, I was happy for Betsy to get over the hump.....but in my opinion it isn’t logical to believe that Greenville, AC, or Betsy could hang with Brentwood Academy or Ravenwood....and they are further down in the poll.  Size and numbers matter, this isn’t basketball, Gene Hackman, or the Hoosiers!:roflol:

10 minutes ago, PurplePanther said:

I don’t totally agree with the poll either.  I have a lot of respect for ETN teams, I was happy for Betsy to get over the hump.....but in my opinion it isn’t logical to believe that Greenville, AC, or Betsy could hang with Brentwood Academy or Ravenwood....and they are further down in the poll.  Size and numbers matter, this isn’t basketball, Gene Hackman, or the Hoosiers!:roflol:

There are a few exceptions to the rule and no team comes to mind better then little ole Alcoa.The team Greeneville had a couple of years ago was one for the ages. Elizabethton has had some special teams as well. Several times a team like  Alcoa,Maryville or a fine Knoxville or Morristown team has been the wall for either Betsy or the Devils.