SHS Jackets vs WH Heritage Pats

2 hours ago, bigdawgtn said:

best question is could east post a goose egg in the win column with a massive recruit like that leading the way?

Simply put, no they won’t. They’ll finish 3rd in their region behind Watertown and Trousdale county go 5-5 and make the playoffs. The real question is could they win their region with different coaching, considering the supporting cast around him? My answer would be yes; there’s enough talent on that team with the right coaching they could compete in that region %100 with what they have. Some Watertown and Trousdale county people would disagree but that’s the facts!

On 8/27/2020 at 6:04 PM, Kevin38 said:

I agree 100% with this, I do do not believe the Groves alone will be enough to beat WHH, I could be wrong but we will see...

I am not commenting on the coaching at ER because I just do not know enough about them...

Big problem with coaching at East is there is no coaching.  Coach Pond is basically doing it by himself.  The administration is screwing him over and it’s hard to watch him get trashed on here when they’re really not even giving him the opportunity to succeed.  

5 hours ago, copacanobra said:

Big problem with coaching at East is there is no coaching.  Coach Pond is basically doing it by himself.  The administration is screwing him over and it’s hard to watch him get trashed on here when they’re really not even giving him the opportunity to succeed.  

Yeah I understand it's not an easy task without support...

9 hours ago, copacanobra said:

No one is trashing him personally......only thing that’s been pointed out is exactly what you stated, no coaching. I will say at some point he, Coach Pond, has to figure out that his best chance of winning is with the ball in hands of the Groves especially the older one. Same thing happened last year, he’s got to rework his offensive schemes to get the ball in his hands. Any coach worth his salt knows that......so there I guess I did trash him just a little bit now, but that’s %100 the truth any one can see it 

Edited by Poundtherock23

12 hours ago, copacanobra said:

He is in a tough spot

Edited by TheCommissioner

6 hours ago, Poundtherock23 said:

No one is trashing him personally......only thing that’s been pointed out is exactly what you stated, no coaching. I will say at some point he, Coach Pond, has to figure out that his best chance of winning is with the ball in hands of the Groves especially the older one. Same thing happened last year, he’s got to rework his offensive schemes to get the ball in his hands. Any coach worth his salt knows that......so there I guess I did trash him just a little bit now, but that’s %100 the truth any one can see it 

Well I’ve seen a couple things that I would consider harsh.  I agree groves should get the ball more on offense.  I just think coach pond deserves more credit than he gets for even taking the job because I personally don’t think I would.  He knows football and it sucks he’s out there with no help.  The East Robertson administration  should be embarrassed, but the real sad part is, I don’t think they really care.  

1 hour ago, JacketLover said:

Someone should probably go start a thread about East Robertson Not Using Groves Correctly on the 1A-2A page and talk about that there. Just saying, no disrespect meant to anyone. 

I agree.  If Springfield doesn’t put up 50 on heritage I’ll be shocked.  The fact that heritage didn’t beat East by at least 3 scores should be troubling for any pats fans.  

2 minutes ago, copacanobra said:

I agree.  If Springfield doesn’t put up 50 on heritage I’ll be shocked.  The fact that heritage didn’t beat East by at least 3 scores should be troubling for any pats fans.  

Very true on both parts! I don’t think they’d put up 50 just because Coach Wilson will call the dogs off way before then lol

19 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

Very true on both parts! I don’t think they’d put up 50 just because Coach Wilson will call the dogs off way before then lol

If Springfield does get up by a lot, I think the starters may play a little longer than usual just to get them more in game condition. A lot of guys looked to get a little winded in the 4th qtr of the WC game. That’s a direct reflection of the lack of pre-season game conditioning without scrimmages and such. I still think a lot of guys will play if Springfield is fortunate enough to get out to a real comfortable lead, just not sure at what point. 

52 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

If Springfield does get up by a lot, I think the starters may play a little longer than usual just to get them more in game condition. A lot of guys looked to get a little winded in the 4th qtr of the WC game. That’s a direct reflection of the lack of pre-season game conditioning without scrimmages and such. I still think a lot of guys will play if Springfield is fortunate enough to get out to a real comfortable lead, just not sure at what point. 

I hope your coach leaves them in there all game and runs the score up.  I’m sure he won’t, but it’d be nice to see lol