Cornersville vs Eagleville

DAWG94

10 hours ago, Salem said:

wow. the average chapel hill fan has no idea when the JV or 7 on 7 even plays. Only the parents tend to show up and the coaches clear the bench in the 3rd quarter to let everyone play. cornersville coacht poster has the game circled on the calendar a season in advance. I expect to see a monument or at least a road sign to the JV streak next time I drive through. When is the next JV game? I want to witness this dominance. 

Ahhhh, I’ve finally found yalls problem not being able to make a deep run in the playoffs! Jv feeds right to the high school! But I forgot chapel hill is only worried about the big names and yelling at the refs when they get “robbed”!

• Upvote 2

Just now, Howdy said:

Ahhhh, I’ve finally found yalls problem not being able to make a deep run in the playoffs! Jv feeds right to the high school! But I forgot chapel hill is only worried about the big names and yelling at the refs when they get “robbed”!

Hey don’t forget about players shooting birds at the refs and yelling f&$k you,I mean heck I wouldn’t except anything different he was just doing what his daddy taught him!!

11 hours ago, Observation said:

Contracts are up after this year I believe..with Forrest losing their tractor pull for a year and reclassification moving teams around would be a great time to make up some financial money and schedule this game..the gate money alone would be worth it .

10 hours ago, DAWG94 said:

We treat our JV the same we treat our varsity,seems to me like you Rocket fans only care about your starters?? It’s a dang shame your fans “don’t know” or don’t come out and support JV lol like I’ve stated before some of y’all need to wake up and realize that rockets fans aren’t the only ones who have a spot in heaven! Yeah yeah yeah varsity and Jv are both part of the team and should be treated the same,come on down too Cornersville and learn a thing or two!

Except there was no gate money. The last game in the series (won by Forrest 49-14 in 2014) produced one of the smallest gates in the last 20 years. In spite of all this keyboard enthusiasm very few from CHS bothered to make the 35 minute drive back when the team didn't win. We had better gates from middle school games from other programs. We hosted Cascade in an alumni game a few years ago and had a packed house. We hosted Cornersville a few years later (another beatdown) and the visitor bleachers looked like the Nashville mayor limited attendance. It was sad. If they know they aren't competitive they don't travel or support. Before 2017 CHS travelled about as well as some of the Memphis schools. Sum1 is the only one who has been consistent on these forums. The rest are new riders on the bandwagon. 

1 hour ago, Salem said:

Except there was no gate money. The last game in the series (won by Forrest 49-14 in 2014) produced one of the smallest gates in the last 20 years. In spite of all this keyboard enthusiasm very few from CHS bothered to make the 35 minute drive back when the team didn't win. We had better gates from middle school games from other programs. We hosted Cascade in an alumni game a few years ago and had a packed house. We hosted Cornersville a few years later (another beatdown) and the visitor bleachers looked like the Nashville mayor limited attendance. It was sad. If they know they aren't competitive they don't travel or support. Before 2017 CHS travelled about as well as some of the Memphis schools. Sum1 is the only one who has been consistent on these forums. The rest are new riders on the bandwagon. 

2009 game @ Cornersville the spirit line was from end zone to end zone... All 4 of those games was close including 2011&2012 when it was a decided by a touchdown or less..  I remember standing room only and I don’t even think there was a parking spot on campus left in Cornersville for two of those games.... 

3 minutes ago, BossDog said:

2009 game @ Cornersville  I don’t even think there was a parking spot on campus left in Cornersville for two of those games.... 

Home turnout with a good team is one thing. Fan support for an away game when you don't think you can win is another. Everyone wants to be on a bandwagon. 

2009- 25-6

2010 - 31-22

2011 - 51-40

2012 - 28-26

2013 - 45-7

2014 - 49-14

One close game. Forrest 6-0 Record. 

I went back slightly further.

Since the 2001 season the two teams have played 10 times, all Forrest victories, and most of them beatdowns.

2001 25-0
2002 34-7
2003 36-7
2004 40-14
2005-2008, DNP
2009 25-6
2010 31-22
2011 51-40
2012 28-26
2013 45-7
2014 49-14

Total points in those 10 games