William Blount at Ooltewah

Governm

Unless we get a game worked out at the last minute this week, Ooltewah will be our next opponent. Last year this game was 31-7 in favor of Ooltewah, but it was a very competitive game until about midway through the 4th quarter. WB was trailing 17-7 and driving to pull the game within 3 when they turned the ball over and the Owls scored two late tds to make the game look more like a blowout than it really was.  

Looking ahead to this game, I get the impression that this one will give us a very good idea of how this season will go for the Govs.  There is some optimism within the program with an experienced senior qb and some nice pieces around him. There is also a sense of momentum after beating Cleveland last year and sneaking into the playoffs. The question is can WB take the next step and get closer to the top of the region.  We will know after the trip to Ooltewah. 

How is Ooltewah looking this year? The Ooltewah fans on here have been very quiet.  Can any of you chime in? Or even anyone else in the Chattanooga area who keeps up with the Owls. I saw that they got a close win over Davy Crockett, but I don't know how good they are.

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

A serious question for WB fans: Why do so many of your fans hate your head coach so bad? He did a great job at Smyrna, he basically built that program twice. He got them to the semifinals in 4A (should’ve won the semifinal game.) And then basically started over and built a back to back state champion in 5A. I know that he had some controversy at Blackman, but he did a decent job there. And yet, so many WB fans appear to see him as the problem.

1 hour ago, chs1984 said:

A serious question for WB fans: Why do so many of your fans hate your head coach so bad? He did a great job at Smyrna, he basically built that program twice. He got them to the semifinals in 4A (should’ve won the semifinal game.) And then basically started over and built a back to back state champion in 5A. I know that he had some controversy at Blackman, but he did a decent job there. And yet, so many WB fans appear to see him as the problem.

I think most of us feel that the program is finally headed in the right direction.

Barney, 

I think the Govs will be okay. What killed us was a really bad start due to the fact that we are still working out kinks (really struggling to run the ball). The mental aspect of playing at Ooltewah - a place the Govs have never won -was also a factor.  After we got down 14-0 in the first quarter I really thought it would turn into a mercy rule affair, but the Govs settled in and played okay after that. 

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91
  • Like 1