Region 7AA 2020/2021 Early Outlook

WestTNHoopsFan

This will be the last year for this Region before the reclass to 4 classes.

Who wins District 13?

Crockett County - Dyersburg - Milan - Obion County - South Gibson - Westview

Who wins District 14?

Adamsville - Chester County - Lexington - McNairy Central - North Side - Riverside - Scott's Hill - South Side

Who plays for Region Championship?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

This will be the last year for this Region before the reclass to 4 classes.

Who wins District 13?

Crockett County - Dyersburg - Milan - Obion County - South Gibson - Westview

Who wins District 14?

Adamsville - Chester County - Lexington - McNairy Central - North Side - Riverside - Scott's Hill - South Side

Who plays for Region Championship?

District 13: Westview - Crockett - Dyersburg - south Gibson

District 14; South Side - Scotts Hill - chester - Lexington

South side will win the region vs Westview

40 minutes ago, WhereYouAt said:

True. who in 13 can beat Westview? Crockett? I am also intrigued by South Gibson. Dyersburg?

Dyersburg is athletic and long; they will get after people defensively.  They lost their best shooter to graduation, so spacing the floor could be difficult.  I would think a lot of teams will pack in a zone against them.  But if a couple kids can knock down outside shots consistently, Dyersburg will be tough to handle.

I was not impressed with South Gibson last year.  They were slow and didn't guard well.  That said, I don't know what they bring back or what they might have added.

15 hours ago, maddams said:

Dyersburg is athletic and long; they will get after people defensively.  They lost their best shooter to graduation, so spacing the floor could be difficult.  I would think a lot of teams will pack in a zone against them.  But if a couple kids can knock down outside shots consistently, Dyersburg will be tough to handle.

I was not impressed with South Gibson last year.  They were slow and didn't guard well.  That said, I don't know what they bring back or what they might have added.

Agree 1000%. Dyersburg is tough. And the transfer they just got I think makes them the best AA team in West Tn. They lost a shooter and gained one of the best shooters/scorers in the state.

4 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

Who is the transfer and where did she come from?

Ciara Taylor. Played a couple of games for Dyer Co in 2017 before tearing her ACL. Been in Memphis since. Last season in 16 games she was the #2 scorer in the city of Memphis. #1 3point shooter in the state making 64 out of 87. #2 in the state in steals with 83, and #9 in the state in rebounds with 163. All in 16 games. Her and KK Howard together is gonna be tough to compete with, along with all the pieces they had last year only losing one. 

Not sure Ciara Taylor is gonna move the needle for Dyersburg much...........good player, but she's not gonna come in and change the fortunes. Now as far as Region 7-AA, it's still between South Side/Westview. I hope South Gibson takes that next step, very young basketball team, with some good talent that needs to learn how to win games.

2 hours ago, dmm88 said:

Not sure Ciara Taylor is gonna move the needle for Dyersburg much...........good player, but she's not gonna come in and change the fortunes. Now as far as Region 7-AA, it's still between South Side/Westview. I hope South Gibson takes that next step, very young basketball team, with some good talent that needs to learn how to win games.

For you to make that statement you definitely haven’t kept up with her at all lol. So you’ll definitely see. Just make sure you come back here so we can talk about it after you see her lol

Edited by MrOct81

16 hours ago, MrOct81 said:

For you to make that statement you definitely haven’t kept up with her at all lol. So you’ll definitely see. Just make sure you come back here so we can talk about it after you see her lol

I think I know who you are talking about. I always wondered what happend to her. We scrimmage Dyer County and Dyersburg numerous times each in the off-season. If Dyersburg gets the one I am thinking about, they will be hard to handle. Westview will still be tough as well. South Side will be really good as well with all returning and getting Curry Jelks back. Dyersburg, South Side and Westview will be three tough outs for any team in the state.

Edited by pioneer42