Region 3 2A in 2020

Ram4Life

Was really good to see football start two weeks ago and to see the Rams play last night.  Hoping the powers that be will let the boys keep playing all fall and through the playoffs.

Two wins a piece already for Marion County, Bledsoe County and Tellico Plains is a great sign that this could be a much more competitive year for the region.

Tyner lost a ton of skill players who were key to three straight region titles in which they were undefeated in region games.  How much has the gap closed between the Rams and contenders Bledsoe, Marion and upstart Tellico?  Which is more impressive so far - Marion's wins over Fayetteville and Sequatchie County or Bledsoe's thrashing of Whitwell and win over East Ridge?  I don't think Tellico has been scored on and I think many would have thought that McMinn Central and Sequoya would have beaten the Bears.

The tale will start to be told this week as the Ram Train travels over the mountain to Pikeville for a battle of teams who both won first round playoff games last year while Marion Co. travels to Benton.

Lets not let the Region 4 and Region 2 posters have all the fun on the T - what say you Bledsoe, Marion, Tellico fans - apologies to Polk but you all still appear to be struggling  - Copper Basin again and Silverdale blowing you out?  Really?

I like the Rams to win the region again but think there will be much closer games this year.

Edited by Ram4Life

Tyner @ Bledsoe: After scouting the Thursday game (ERidge/Bledsoe) looks like this will be a good one with the winner in the driver's seat. Both teams have very good RB's with the Rams having the edge in depth. Game will be won on Defense. Hope it's good weather. The winner will play Marion Co. for the 3-2A Championship.

Marion Co. @ Polk Co.: Nothing much to say here because the Jasper crew is rolling! I am expecting the same in Benton. The Warriors are a "big play" team with that QB and ATH. Either can break it for 60 or more yards!! 

Stay safe football fans!! GO RAMS!!!

1 hour ago, BIGORANGET11 said:

Marion is alot better but im not sure they are better than either Tyner or Bledsoe! But I believe mc will win a playoff game or 2 this year

Haven't had a chance to see MC yet, but from all I am reading they have come out really strong! The measuring stick will be when MC plays S.Pitt( a week before the Tyner game). I hope all of the teams can make it thru the season with all of the players. That is my prayer!!

18 hours ago, BIGORANGET11 said:

Marion is alot better but im not sure they are better than either Tyner or Bledsoe! But I believe mc will win a playoff game or 2 this year

Marion definitely seems better but if they end up being the 3 seed, I don’t know if they could go on the road and knock off TC or Watertown.

Have seen both Bledsoe and Marion. Bledsoe should win that matchup for #2. Marion is better but a year away from competing. They will be 3-0 facing Pitt but that game will be a humbling experience. The rest of the Warriors season will be based on how Coach Pruitt gets them to respond. 

On 8/29/2020 at 8:07 PM, BIGORANGET11 said:

Jasper is improved but to win 2 playoff games would mean they would have to beat Trousdale or Watertown. I’ve got them winning a first round game though. 

19 hours ago, TN225 said:

Have seen both Bledsoe and Marion. Bledsoe should win that matchup for #2. Marion is better but a year away from competing. They will be 3-0 facing Pitt but that game will be a humbling experience. The rest of the Warriors season will be based on how Coach Pruitt gets them to respond. 

Particularly with this season, it is hard to predict games that are more than a week away! In a normal season you don't know how/what injuries will do to your line-up! A team may look "stout" after a game on Friday and come Monday be just the opposite due to the issues we are dealing with!!

I pray all teams are untouched and I try to stay optimistic and hopefully all will stay safe!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/31/2020 at 11:13 AM, TynerRamFan said:

Particularly with this season, it is hard to predict games that are more than a week away! In a normal season you don't know how/what injuries will do to your line-up! A team may look "stout" after a game on Friday and come Monday be just the opposite due to the issues we are dealing with!!

I pray all teams are untouched and I try to stay optimistic and hopefully all will stay safe!!

A lot has happened since this thread was started. Bledsoe looks like the team that will win the Region. However, they play @ Marion and it should be a good game. MC's lack of play the past two weeks could be an advantage or a hindrance. Lot of unknowns except the way Bledsoe is playing.

Tellico @ Tyner: Hopefully all of the players from Tyner survived the beat down from Alcoa. If they did I expect the Rams to take it out on TP. If my predictions hold up, 2-seed will be settled on Oct 9th between MC and Tyner. If not, I will update the possibilities!!

On 9/26/2020 at 9:43 AM, TynerRamFan said:

A lot has happened since this thread was started. Bledsoe looks like the team that will win the Region. However, they play @ Marion and it should be a good game. MC's lack of play the past two weeks could be an advantage or a hindrance. Lot of unknowns except the way Bledsoe is playing.

Tellico @ Tyner: Hopefully all of the players from Tyner survived the beat down from Alcoa. If they did I expect the Rams to take it out on TP. If my predictions hold up, 2-seed will be settled on Oct 9th between MC and Tyner. If not, I will update the possibilities!!

Bledsoe  2-0

Marion  1-1

Tyner.   1-1

Tellico.  1-1

Polk.      0-2

Bledsoe has it about wrapped up and the #2 seed will be decided next Friday on Wayne Turner Field!! The "Dean" of Chattanooga area Coaches (30th year at Tyner) will have his troops ready and it should be a good one!!