Happy Valley to the Dogpound

pujo

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, pujo said:

Sure looked like my kinda place.  My house looks like the same area, do have running water but it comes straight out of the mountains. Been feeding this house for over 100 years.

Yep a lot of my folks still had spring water up until a few years ago. My dad eventually became the general manager of the water utility district here (started digging ditches and reading meters) and he would test their water for them from time to time. A good mountain spring can’t be beat. There’s a reason folks been dishing out big bucks for it forever lol. I came up on spring water, outhouses and wood stoves. I think in a lot of ways we’re headed backwards claiming to be going forward lol. 

I will admit plumbing and a thermostat are awfully nice on winter mornings though. Then again that might be part of the problem I’m talking about. 

Edited by crow

Just now, crow said:

Yep a lot of my folks still had spring water up until a few years ago. My dad eventually became the general manager of the water utility district here (started digging ditches and reading meters) and he would test their water for them from time to time. A good mountain spring can’t be beat. There’s a reason folks been dishing out big bucks for it forever lol. I came up on sprin water, outhouses and wood stoves. I think in a lot of ways we’re headed backwards claiming to be going forward lol. 

Raised the same way, food cooked slow on them old wood stoves was much better. Can't beat spring water, not to fond of the out houses.lol

Just now, pujo said:

Raised the same way, food cooked slow on them old wood stoves was much better. Can't beat spring water, not to fond of the out houses.lol

I agree. Folks think it’s bad dropping something in a toilet. Drop an irreplaceable item down an outhouse hole, that’ll teach ya not to fumble. And the spiders! Geez!

1 hour ago, crow said:

I agree. Folks think it’s bad dropping something in a toilet. Drop an irreplaceable item down an outhouse hole, that’ll teach ya not to fumble. And the spiders! Geez!

Winter time and our toilet paper comes to mind, catalog,paper bag, don't miss them days.

12 hours ago, Appvol said:

They would help a lot but I understand they did what they thought was best for them.

Just a question,did the new Coach at Hampton not coach at Cloudland also thought I read that earlier.If any of these kids played last year or was coached by him would that not actually be a violation of the rules?Cant follow a coach.

1 hour ago, Jim1972 said:

Just a question,did the new Coach at Hampton not coach at Cloudland also thought I read that earlier.If any of these kids played last year or was coached by him would that not actually be a violation of the rules?Cant follow a coach.

There was a guy that helped coach at Cloudland but he wasn’t a employee that is helping Hampton this year.He was in his last year of college when he helped at Cloudland.He actually got a job in Avery Co this year. One day he will make a good head coach if that is what he wants to do.
The kid that just left went for baseball. Pujo said Cloudland wasn’t going to have a baseball team. If that’s true he should of stayed at Cloudland and played for Elizabethton. My son did track at Elizabethton till the COVID shut it down last year.

Edited by Appvol

Just now, Appvol said:

There was a guy that helped coach at Cloudland but he wasn’t a employee that is helping Hampton this year.He was in his last year of college when he helped at Cloudland.He actually got a job in Avery Co this year. One day he will make a good head coach if that is what he wants to do. The kid that just left went for baseball. Pujo said Cloudland wasn’t going to have a baseball team. If that’s true he should of stayed at Cloudland and played for Elizabethton. My son did track at Elizabethton till the COVID shut it down.

Its hard to explain but he would not have been able to play baseball anywhere, 5 year rule. Reason you're son could do that was because Cloudland had not had track the last 5 years.  

8 hours ago, pujo said:

Yep a likely Mr football in 4a and an all state lineman. Those stings ,especially at small schools.

And Cloudland would have likely a Mr Football in 1a if he wasn’t at Besty.Plus the kids at Hampton plus the kids walking the hall that used to play.I would like our chances against any team on our schedule.

4 minutes ago, pujo said:

Its hard to explain but he would not have been able to play baseball anywhere, 5 year rule. Reason you're son could do that was because Cloudland had not had track the last 5 years.  

So at these small schools if there isn’t enough for a team and they had that sport last year the kid would not get play anywhere if they stayed at their original school. That stinks. 

2 hours ago, Jim1972 said:

Jim, lots of rumors flowing out there, huh?  We may be in Hampton, but common sense exists here Lol

Just now, Appvol said:

So at these small schools if there isn’t enough for a team and they had that sport last year the kid would not get play anywhere if they stayed at their original school. That stinks. 

Yeah thats the way it is nowadays.Don't care for the rule either. Should be about the kids. Why penalize a group of kids.