McEwen @ Perry Co.

Perry County hosts McEwen this week. The Warriors had their first game against Houston County get cancelled due to Houston County not being in school, then didn't get to play Stewart County this week due to another team the Rebels played had a player with COVID so they ended up canceling. The Vikings have some talent. Obviously depth is the biggest concern as well as the turnovers, had 4 last week against East Hickman. If they stop turning the ball over, this Vikings team can win some games. McEwen lost 18 seniors last year and a lot of skill players. Thoughts?

9 hours ago, PCsupporter4life said:

Sounds like a lot of you are just going off the past. McEwen lost a lot, Perry County has some good skill players with speed. Only thing about this Vikings team is depth on the lines and turnovers. If they don't turn it over they should be in most games they play. Just my opinion, guess we'll see on Friday.

McEwen has some very good young athletes on that team from last year

4 hours ago, PCsupporter4life said:

Looking like there will be some good weather on Friday in Linden. Hopefully that means better control of the ball and their passing game can get going. QB has an arm and they have a couple of good receivers with a Freshman leading the way. He's 6'1 and very athletic. 

Maybe y’all can pull the upset bud. I’m curious myself how this game turns out

On 8/30/2020 at 3:02 AM, MannBlue said:

Well their coach has had four winning seasons in 16 YEARS!  Last season being only the fourth with a senior heavy team.  Perry county is 30/76 over the last decade. Flipping a coin would be the best bet on this one.  

I love this post. Couldn’t be more true. I can’t remember the last time Perry Co was competitive. McEwen was solid last year but at least bat close to .500 every year. I got McEwen winning this one, but a coin flip will do!