Walker Valley @ Rhea Co Region 4-5A opener

Rhea Co.

Rhea Co welcomes Walker Valley to the nest Friday night to open Region 4-5A play. WV is coming off a hard fought loss to cross county rival Bradley. Rhea is coming off a much improved showing against our long time rival Jefferson Co. Walker Valley scares me with what they can do on offense. Pope to Swafford seems to be the big play connection. Rhea’s pass defense is going to have to be on their toes Friday. Rhea’s freshman running back Davis looked good in his first varsity action last Friday. 

6 hours ago, Rhea Co. said:

Rhea Co welcomes Walker Valley to the nest Friday night to open Region 4-5A play. WV is coming off a hard fought loss to cross county rival Bradley. Rhea is coming off a much improved showing against our long time rival Jefferson Co. Walker Valley scares me with what they can do on offense. Pope to Swafford seems to be the big play connection. Rhea’s pass defense is going to have to be on their toes Friday. Rhea’s freshman running back Davis looked good in his first varsity action last Friday. 

Would you say this year’s Rhea team is better than last year’s team? 

Edited by Rockytopmojo7

2 hours ago, Rockytopmojo7 said:

Would you say this year’s Rhea team is better than last year’s team? 

Defensively I think this team will be as good if not better with so many starters returning. Now offensively we have so many young and new faces I think the jury is still out on if they will be better than last year. With us starting a few freshmen and a few sophomores  I think there is going to be a learning curve these first few games. I love the potential I’m seeing but we will see as the season goes on. Friday will be a great test. 

Edited by Rhea Co.

6 hours ago, Rhea Co. said:

Defensively I think this team will be as good if not better with so many starters returning. Now offensively we have so many young and new faces I think the jury is still out on if they will be better than last year. With us starting a few freshmen and a few sophomores  I think there is going to be a learning curve these first few games. I love the potential I’m seeing but we will see as the season goes on. Friday will be a great test. 

I asked because WV is way better in every facet. Looking forward to a great game!

Big improvement by the Eagles from week 1 to week 2. CMP was able to iron out some of the kinks  last week that are normally fixed during scrimmages. Defense should end up better than last year but tackling will have to continue to improve and the secondary is going to have to hang on to some of passes they are getting hands on, especially this week.
Offensively just as Rhea Co. said there a lot of potential as these youngsters grow into the offense. This offense could end up being  very explosive.

i saw enough of Walker Valley last year to know they would be tough this year. The coaching has improved immensely and they have some solid athletes. This could be a tough game for the Eagles considering the youth at key positions on offense. Eagle fans may think I’m crazy but Walker Valley could be one of the best one or two teams on Rhea’s schedule this season.

Should be a good game GO EAGLES!!!

Just some interesting facts about this series Rhea leads WV 12-3. Rhea is 6-1 at home in the series with the lone loss coming back in 2012. This series has produced both very close games and some lopsided wins 5 games have been decided by 8 pts or less and 9 games being decided by 21 or more points. Largest margin of victory 59 points by Rhea in 2005. Largest margin of victory by Walker Valley 14 in 2012. Magic number for Rhea 35. When Rhea scores more than 35 points against Walker Rhea wins. Magic number for Walker Valley 21. When Walker Valley holds Rhea under 21 points Walker Valley has won with one exception in 2011 which was 19-16 Rhea 

Edited by Rhea Co.

12 hours ago, Rhea Co. said:

Just some interesting facts about this series Rhea leads WV 12-3. Rhea is 6-1 at home in the series with the lone loss coming back in 2012. This series has produced both very close games and some lopsided wins 5 games have been decided by 8 pts or less and 9 games being decided by 21 or more points. Largest margin of victory 59 points by Rhea in 2005. Largest margin of victory by Walker Valley 14 in 2012. Magic number for Rhea 35. When Rhea scores more than 35 points against Walker Rhea wins. Magic number for Walker Valley 21. When Walker Valley holds Rhea under 21 points Walker Valley has won with one exception in 2011 which was 19-16 Rhea 

You forgot to mention the home cooking refs that Rhea is known for having  in your stats. ;)