AWAY

Harpeth

HOME

Cheatham County

AWAY

Sycamore

HOME

Camden

The Region 6-3A picture is starting to clear up as of last night.  

Stewart County at Harpeth:  Week 8

Harpeth at Fairview:  Week 9

Fairview at Stewart County:  Week 11

These are the 3 games that will go a long way in deciding #1, #2, and #3 in the region come playoff time.  Camden has already beaten Cheatham County which gives them the inside track to the #4 seed in the region.  If Stewart County loses at Harpeth then the following week's Camden at Stewart County game becomes a battle for the #3 seed in the region.  Sycamore also has a shot at the #4 seed in the region those final 2 weeks when they play both Camden & Cheatham County in "must win" games.  Cheatham County's slim playoff hopes cling to their Weeks 10 and 11 games against Sycamore and Harpeth.  They will also need some help from Stewart County and Fairview the next 2 weeks in their games against Harpeth.  

Region 6-3A Standings

1.)  Fairview:  5-1 Overall (3-0 in Region)

1.)  Stewart County:  5-1 Overall (3-0 in Region)

3.)  Harpeth:  2-4 Overall (2-1 in Region)

4.)  Camden:  1-6 Overall (1-2 in Region)

5.)  Cheatham County:  0-7 Overall (0-3 in Region)

5.)  Sycamore:  0-7 Overall (0-3 in Region)

Week 9:  Friday 10/16

Harpeth at Fairview

Camden at Stewart County

Hillwood at Cheatham County

Sycamore (BYE)

Week 10:  Friday 10/23

Cheatham County at Sycamore

Camden at Lewis County

Harpeth at East Robertson

Stewart County at Houston County

Fairview at Dickson County

Week 11:  Friday 10/30

Fairview at Stewart County

Sycamore at Camden

Harpeth at Cheatham County

4 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Region 6-3A Standings

1.)  Fairview:  5-1 Overall (3-0 in Region)

1.)  Stewart County:  5-1 Overall (3-0 in Region)

3.)  Harpeth:  2-4 Overall (2-1 in Region)

4.)  Camden:  1-6 Overall (1-2 in Region)

5.)  Cheatham County:  0-7 Overall (0-3 in Region)

5.)  Sycamore:  0-7 Overall (0-3 in Region)

Week 9:  Friday 10/16

Harpeth at Fairview

Camden at Stewart County

Hillwood at Cheatham County

Sycamore (BYE)

Week 10:  Friday 10/23

Cheatham County at Sycamore

Camden at Lewis County

Harpeth at East Robertson

Stewart County at Houston County

Fairview at Dickson County

Week 11:  Friday 10/30

Fairview at Stewart County

Sycamore at Camden

Harpeth at Cheatham County

Looks like it should be a good match up this year with region 5 against 6. Pc/Giles 1 and 2 East Nashville 3 And #4 wc/Stratford 4

2 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Looks like it should be a good match up this year with region 5 against 6. Pc/Giles 1 and 2 East Nashville 3 And #4 wc/Stratford 4

Both regions will be decided in the final week of the regular season.  As a football fan you have to love this time of year.  Next Friday night it's supposed to cool off and hopefully it's that way for a while.  

2 hours ago, FVJackets said:

Given these enrollments, Who moves in/out our Region 6-3A

2020 Enrollment
Camden 488
Harpeth 527
Cheatham County 628
Stewart County 680
Fairview 691
Sycamore 748

Camden will definitely be 2A.  Harpeth will be on the borderline of being 2A.  Sycamore will be on the borderline of being 4A.  

23 minutes ago, FVJackets said:

We could swap Camden for Waverly.  Waverly would fall into our numbers this years.  I personally welcome them to the region.  This region is really down for the last two years.  

Waverly is really good and of course East Hickman beat them (sorry I couldn't resist).  Adding them both would be great.  Both are "natural rivals" to Fairview in terms of demographics and location.  

what in the world has happened to Sycamore? I know they lost their HC and a pretty good, and large, senior class, but man, watching them for the first time this year (v. FHS) was sobering. Granted, 2020 Fairview is a very, very good team, but between the body language of players and coaches on the sidelines that night, and the results/scores I've seen from a distance thus far, this might be the worst SHS team in the ~20 years they have existed. Sad to see for those kids, especially #7 and what I have 'heard' he has dealt with this year.

1 minute ago, JustAnotherGuy said:

what in the world has happened to Sycamore? I know they lost their HC and a pretty good, and large, senior class, but man, watching them for the first time this year (v. FHS) was sobering. Granted, 2020 Fairview is a very, very good team, but between the body language of players and coaches on the sidelines that night, and the results/scores I've seen from a distance thus far, this might be the worst SHS team in the ~20 years they have existed. Sad to see for those kids, especially #7 and what I have 'heard' he has dealt with this year.

I made it to the game and it appeared Sycamore was simply going through the motions.  They did not try much.  Looking at the sideline, they had very few kids who could even come in the game.  I sat on the Sycamore side, looking at the FV side and saw that crowd size was noticeably different.  I understand that when a program is down, you typically don't have a lot of people show up.