Region 6-3A Thread 2020

BoardHater71

3 hours ago, Plugged said:

Hearing Chris Hughes is contemplating leaving Fairview to become the next HC at Father Ryan. 

2 hours ago, FVJackets said:

Would not surprise me.  Talent pool dries up in FV after this season.  Waverly coming into 3A at the right time.  

2 hours ago, Swarm said:

Not true. Per the coach. 

I needed a laugh this morning.  I'd have a better chance at winning the Lottery tonight.  Fairview returns 8 kids who have started Offensively this year and 5 who are currently starting Defensively.  Maybe they'll find a way to finish 4th and squeak into the State Playoffs if they pull a Covington and catch Cheatham or Sycamore playing an ineligible kid and they have to forfeit their wins.  

Edited by howdoitknow
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

I needed a laugh this morning.  I'd have a better chance at winning the Lottery tonight.  Fairview returns 8 kids who have started Offensively this year and 6 who are currently starting Defensively.  Maybe they'll find a way to finish 4th and squeak into the State Playoffs if they pull a Covington and catch Cheatham or Sycamore playing an ineligible kid and they have to forfeit their wins.  

I'm not saying FV won't make the playoffs at all.  The dominance of R6-3A is over.  The teams rolling over in this league like they do will allow FV to walk into playoffs. 

You can count all the kids you want but your numbers are off.  I did notice your wording "WHO HAVE STARTED".  I don't see that many kids starting now that are underclassman.  There are three underclassman OL that I think start but the OL is our weakest area.  I see three kids on Defense as well that start.  

You may be closer to the team, but I know how to count and I don't your numbers.  

1 hour ago, FVJackets said:

I'm not saying FV won't make the playoffs at all.  The dominance of R6-3A is over.  The teams rolling over in this league like they do will allow FV to walk into playoffs. 

You can count all the kids you want but your numbers are off.  I did notice your wording "WHO HAVE STARTED".  I don't see that many kids starting now that are underclassman.  There are three underclassman OL that I think start but the OL is our weakest area.  I see three kids on Defense as well that start.  

You may be closer to the team, but I know how to count and I don't your numbers.  

I was off by one.  5 currently start Defensively.  58, 20, 27, 11, 34.  

Offensively 51, 54, 50, 77, 55, 24, 1, 6 have all started this year.  I believe 23 has also started at wideout this year as well (and also Punts).  

30 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

I was off by one.  5 currently start Defensively.  58, 20, 27, 11, 34.  

Offensively 51, 54, 50, 77, 55, 24, 1, 6 have all started this year.  I believe 23 has also started at wideout this year as well (and also Punts).  

If I can make the game tomorrow, I'll check your numbers.  I don't think all those currently start on D.   

On offensive those numbers have started but not all starting now.  This was only because of injuries.  That does not make them better as far as talent.  Which was the original comment.  Talent will drop next season.

8 minutes ago, FVJackets said:

If I can make the game tomorrow, I'll check your numbers.  I don't think all those currently start on D.   

On offensive those numbers have started but not all starting now.  This was only because of injuries.  That does not make them better as far as talent.  Which was the original comment.  Talent will drop next season.

You're right a lot of talent does graduate next May.  You don't replace a strong senior class without having some type of transition period.  The same thing happened after the 2018 Quarterfinal Run and the same thing happened after the 2016 Undefeated Season 2nd Round Run.  I can only hope that next year turns out as nice as 2017 and 2019 did for the Yellow Jackets (8 wins in 2019 and 9 wins in 2017).  I hope the team is able to win a game or two in the coming years.  I hope the coaching staff doesn't depart for non vacant destinations.  I guess we will see....

1 hour ago, howdoitknow said:

You're right a lot of talent does graduate next May.  You don't replace a strong senior class without having some type of transition period.  The same thing happened after the 2018 Quarterfinal Run and the same thing happened after the 2016 Undefeated Season 2nd Round Run.  I can only hope that next year turns out as nice as 2017 and 2019 did for the Yellow Jackets (8 wins in 2019 and 9 wins in 2017).  I hope the team is able to win a game or two in the coming years.  I hope the coaching staff doesn't depart for non vacant destinations.  I guess we will see....

Many teams would love to have the Jackets "no talent, down season" years winning records of late.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyintheointment2019 said:

Fairview sucks on D.  They gave up 2 scores to Dickson.  

They held Page to a late FG and their Starting Defense has not allowed a point in the four region games.  Dickson had 2 plays for 151 yards and 2 scores and then they had 42 plays for 109 yards (2.5 yards per play average).    

• Like 1