South Pittsburg vs Marion County (Pirates vs Warriors)

Southtowner

5 minutes ago, TonyHorton91281 said:

Offense better find an identity and become great at something because we are struggling against inferior talented teams. That’s not a knock on our 3 opponents but the difference is glaring. Nobody on our team knows who to consistently block and even with all the talent we have in the passing game it still isn’t much of a threat. It almost appears we are trying to do too much too soon. It’s odd because in practice the kids know their assignments then come game time its like it’s not retained. I realize a lot of kids are playing this year that didn’t get to play much last year and some experienced kids are playing new positions and then a few learning new positions as well but we just look very average on offense. I know this sounds crazy after a 55-6 score but we better figure it out or this team is gonna get its feelings hurts in a couple of weeks. Defensively we are gonna be fine but offensively you can’t rely on your superior playmakers to just make plays and break tackles against the better competition. This Marion game is gonna be closer than most expect if the last two weeks is the best we got. 

I think we have a couple who like to take plays off. They need a boot in their rear end.

1 minute ago, Football54 said:

I think MC makes it a game for the first half then SP pulls away 35-14....hope I’m wrong and MC pulls the upset lol

As much as most us SP fans would enjoy another 60 point win I personally hope Marion challenges us and makes our kids respond. This team desperately needs it. So far we just show up and go through the motions. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Football54 said:

I think MC makes it a game for the first half then SP pulls away 35-14....hope I’m wrong and MC pulls the upset lol

I don't think you're too far off. This game will be a battle in the trenches. Sanders will have to make plays through the air to loosen the box. We have scary nightmare matchups outside, but players need to execute.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, team69 said:

I think we have a couple who like to take plays off. They need a boot in their rear end.

I hope they can just flip it on in a few weeks and I’m wrong. Some of our grown looking men are gonna be playing some grown looking men so if they don’t they will get embarrassed. This team can be as good as they want to be. Nobody in 1A has the talent we have but talent doesn’t always guarantee you anything. 

• Like 1

Just now, powerp said:

I don't think you're too far off. This game will be a battle in the trenches. Sanders will have to make plays through the air to loosen the box. We have scary nightmare matchups outside, but players need to execute.

Yea the secondary matchups are not good for us in this one. This MC team could be really good next year I believe, may upset a few teams this year but just don’t think it will be this one SP has too many weapons. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Some of our defensive front 7 need to start on offense.  I know we have a lot of kids, but all we need is 11 kids wanting to play every single down!

Amen Brother!! You put your Best Athletes out there. Also if we play with the DB's we have right now against a passing team, we will get lit up!!!! I'm just being real like Tyrone!!!  We might have 60 something player's, but we have about 20 that can play right now in my mind!!!  If you just want to stand around and do nothing except make the numbers on the sideline and program look good, forget it and go home and do something else. Like I have said before that get's my BP up so high, I can't stand laziness!!!! 

Yes we've played uninspired, yes we've played sloppy at times. Yes some kids need to play both ways. Yes their coach has beaten us before and yes Jasper will be good if they can keep a coach in a few years, but guess what this is not next year's or a few years, this is now and they don't match up. We are at home and it's Jasper week. They lose.period