South Pittsburg vs Marion County (Pirates vs Warriors)

Southtowner

Offense better find an identity and become great at something because we are struggling against inferior talented teams. That’s not a knock on our 3 opponents but the difference is glaring. Nobody on our team knows who to consistently block and even with all the talent we have in the passing game it still isn’t much of a threat. It almost appears we are trying to do too much too soon. It’s odd because in practice the kids know their assignments then come game time its like it’s not retained. I realize a lot of kids are playing this year that didn’t get to play much last year and some experienced kids are playing new positions and then a few learning new positions as well but we just look very average on offense. I know this sounds crazy after a 55-6 score but we better figure it out or this team is gonna get its feelings hurts in a couple of weeks. Defensively we are gonna be fine but offensively you can’t rely on your superior playmakers to just make plays and break tackles against the better competition. This Marion game is gonna be closer than most expect if the last two weeks is the best we got. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TonyHorton91281 said:

Offense better find an identity and become great at something because we are struggling against inferior talented teams. That’s not a knock on our 3 opponents but the difference is glaring. Nobody on our team knows who to consistently block and even with all the talent we have in the passing game it still isn’t much of a threat. It almost appears we are trying to do too much too soon. It’s odd because in practice the kids know their assignments then come game time its like it’s not retained. I realize a lot of kids are playing this year that didn’t get to play much last year and some experienced kids are playing new positions and then a few learning new positions as well but we just look very average on offense. I know this sounds crazy after a 55-6 score but we better figure it out or this team is gonna get its feelings hurts in a couple of weeks. Defensively we are gonna be fine but offensively you can’t rely on your superior playmakers to just make plays and break tackles against the better competition. This Marion game is gonna be closer than most expect if the last two weeks is the best we got. 

I agree 100 percent. 

Old Pirate says the Pirate Nation is going to throw a block party type festivities. The SP Downtown district will welcome the Jailhouse  kinfolkes. But the Pirates will plum nasty when the Warriors meander into The Speedway. The Pirates have played completely uninspired to say the least at this point. The Pirate’s return to home port best be one of looking in the mirror individually and decide to git their jocks readjusted. The effort thus far played throughout the season will end in multiple losses! Old Pirates everywhere are wanting the Warriors to be “Storm Struck”. JASPER WEEK HAS STARTED!