Henry County @ Brentwood

PatriotNation

39 minutes ago, gr8tn08 said:

A win in this game would get people talking....:popcorneater: 

I totally agree with your last post especially the last sentence :thumb:

This is that type of game that is what I would call an "opportunity game." I may be wrong but I DO NOT see Brentwood beating the breaks off of us. I dont see anyone beating the breaks off of us all year. Close losses maybe. But this team has talent in spots that most people dont even know about. Now most of our really good talent is still Sophomores. A few really good freshman and several senior leaders. People say our lines are smaller, may be true but I know for the most part this season our line play have been pretty strong. If you take all 3 games we have played I can think of about 6 big plays our defense gave up which led to scores. Outside of those 6 big plays given up our defense has been really stout. If we can start to limit giving up the big plays we will be REALLY REALLY good this year! People tend to forget about the big 6'5" or 6'6" 270/280 lb. Sophomore linemen. In time he will be a monster to deal with.

8 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

Brentwood Academy would crush Henry County!! Just like they did Brentwood. That’s a silly argument, borderline ignorant. Probably the best team in the state this year. Brentwood is still a very good team and that loss to BA changes nothing.

Well one thing we know for sure is Brentwood academy would crush Brentwood .  Other than the Brentwood beat up on a low ranked powder puff team.  Brentwood looks good only in the rankings but haven't really proved anything bub. 

1 hour ago, RollRed said:

Well one thing we know for sure is Brentwood academy would crush Brentwood .  Other than the Brentwood beat up on a low ranked powder puff team.  Brentwood looks good only in the rankings but haven't really proved anything bub. 

You sure are cocky and misinformed! That is certainly evident. It is ignorant to come on here and bad-mouth a very good team and program. Just dumb.

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

You sure are cocky and misinformed! That is certainly evident. It is ignorant to come on here and bad-mouth a very good team and program. Just dumb.

Ur people started it Mr. Uninformed. If we lose by the 3Tds they claim then I will apologize personally.  If we lose by 1 TD in your house... YOU STILL LOSE :-) All you have going for you so far is a good ranking spot. Lord only knows how yall got that 2 games in 1 being a HUGE loss 1 game being against a weak low ranked team. This game could go either way. I'm just saying we keep it close. And if we win we can't really brag about it we've won 2 out of the last 3. People are starting to think Bwood is a rich kid JOKE.. Later Mr. Uninformed 

57 minutes ago, RollRed said:

Ur people started it Mr. Uninformed. If we lose by the 3Tds they claim then I will apologize personally.  If we lose by 1 TD in your house... YOU STILL LOSE :-) All you have going for you so far is a good ranking spot. Lord only knows how yall got that 2 games in 1 being a HUGE loss 1 game being against a weak low ranked team. This game could go either way. I'm just saying we keep it close. And if we win we can't really brag about it we've won 2 out of the last 3. People are starting to think Bwood is a rich kid JOKE.. Later Mr. Uninformed 

This “Ur” and “Y’all” certainly has zero to do with me. I have nothing to do with the Brentwood program, don’t live there, don’t know anyone there, or don’t root for them at all. I am just defending this ridiculous attack on their program. I am a high school football fan in this state, and so I respect the good programs like Brentwood’s. It’s a simple as that. I can’t stand when the ignorance is so obvious and no respect is properly given. It happens more and more nowadays unfortunately. This should be a great game! 

5 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

This “Ur” and “Y’all” certainly has zero to do with me. I have nothing to do with the Brentwood program, don’t live there, don’t know anyone there, or don’t root for them at all. I am just defending this ridiculous attack on their program. I am a high school football fan in this state, and so I respect the good programs like Brentwood’s. It’s a simple as that. I can’t stand when the ignorance is so obvious and no respect is properly given. It happens more and more nowadays unfortunately. This should be a great game! 

Here's the deal. I feel like you popped in the thread and only read the last page. They started with all that HC losing by 3tds. We go through the same disrespect.  We get shafted in the rankings most of the time. Last week we beat a team 53-20 that's was ranked higher than us. I know Brentwood has a good football program. But people expect our guys to just roll over for them.. never happen. We beat BW last year with a freshman QB. That's same kid is only better this year. Mind you Brentwood was 3-0 last year and we were 1-2 when we won. We will give a good game. I think we can win. But definitely not lose by 21.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RollRed said:

Here's the deal. I feel like you popped in the thread and only read the last page. They started with all that HC losing by 3tds. We go through the same disrespect.  We get shafted in the rankings most of the time. Last week we beat a team 53-20 that's was ranked higher than us. I know Brentwood has a good football program. But people expect our guys to just roll over for them.. never happen. We beat BW last year with a freshman QB. That's same kid is only better this year. Mind you Brentwood was 3-0 last year and we were 1-2 when we won. We will give a good game. I think we can win. But definitely not lose by 21.

I certainly didn’t say you’d lose by 21, nor would I come close to saying anything that dumb. Two good teams. Brentwood beat a very good Nolensville team badly and lost significantly to Brentwood Academy, possibly the state’s top team overall. What that tells us is that Brentwood has a very good team. That loss doesn’t change that. Just like the way Beech took it to Henry County doesn’t change the fact they are a good team too. A lot of overreacting unfortunately takes place on here and in society in general.

3 minutes ago, RollRed said:

We won't roll over I guarantee that! These boys gonna be ready for a fight, better believe that. I'm actually glad some said we will lose by 3 TDs, give these boys a little extra motivation to prove the doubters wrong.....

• Upvote 1

Just now, sportsguy22 said:

I certainly didn’t say you’d lose by 21, nor would I come close to saying anything that dumb. Two good teams. Brentwood beat a very good Nolensville team badly and lost significantly to Brentwood Academy, possibly the state’s top team overall. What that tells us is that Brentwood has a very good team. That loss doesn’t change that. Just like the way Beech took it to Henry County doesn’t change the fact they are a good team too. A lot of overreacting unfortunately takes place on here and in society in general.

I wouldnt dare say Beech "took it to us" lol besides giving up a couple of long TD runs we held them pretty much in check. Just have to clean up the long plays we have given up. Which we more than certain can. We did lose by just a TD to a team that returned a ton off of their team that won 11 straight last year before getting upset in the playoffs.