Henry County @ Brentwood

PatriotNation

16 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

I also dont see why people think Henry County loses this game so convincingly. Dumb.

I agree with you and RollRed, I'm not saying we win or lose, its gonna be a dog fight. I just cant see them blowing the doors off us. I expect a close game coming down to the wire, turnovers will be key, and if we can move the ball on the ground. (Which I think we can)

I didn't think we would beat them last year but we did... 

Different circumstance this time though with them having home field. If I was an unbiased observer I would definitely have to favor the Bruins. I think our boys can make it pretty interesting though. And if it ends up being a close game in the 4th quarter again like last year...who knows :popcorneater:  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RollRed said:

I'm pretty sure Brentwood was undefeated last year when they got embarrassed by HC.. they already been dealt  a big loss. We always have a chance.  When you say we dont lump yourself in with HC. YA fair weather fan.

I am just telling it like I see it but I hope I’m wrong. Yeah we beat them last year but that was last year and we don’t have the depth we did then. For your info I am not a fair weather fan but I don’t always look through red shaded glasses 8-)

22 hours ago, RollRed said:

Why not? Who have they beat? Nolensville? Lol... Did you have this same energy when yal got the pants whooped off of you already this year?  How about did you have the same energy last year when the BIG RED sent you home with a knot on your head? We may not win but we wont get steam rolled.

Red, I am not a Brentwood Guy at all. I do believe they are well coached and have an abundance of talent. I am a Henry County guy when they are not playing us. I do believe in Counce. He is a winner and very well might out coach them.  All I’m saying is they are very stout and definitely have some talent plus you are playing them there. 
I am for Henry County, I just don’t think this is gonna end well. 
They are strong in the trenches. HC is not as big there as they have been. 
HC definitely has skill Kids, no doubt. This game will be won in the line play. I hope HC is up for this. 

Edited by Director

32 minutes ago, gr8tn08 said:

I am just telling it like I see it but I hope I’m wrong. Yeah we beat them last year but that was last year and we don’t have the depth we did then. For your info I am not a fair weather fan but I don’t always look through red shaded glasses 8-)

31 minutes ago, gr8tn08 said:

We dont have the depth? I would argue our running game is better this year. With Jamarcus and big Z. Jalyn Foster was a star but he was plagued with a hamstring injury last year.. out QB has a whole year of growth and development under his belt. Our receivers are looking good. Every one is covering Jawon and we can hit them with a few other capable guys. We may be a little smaller on the line and I'm pretty sure we are starting more sophomores than last year which just means to me the next 2 years are going to just be better and better.. Now let's look at what Brentwood has done so far.. 1 less game under their belt than us. They played a team ranked similar to Dyer County and came up with a score similar to the one we put on DC. Then got the brakes beat clean off last week. But somehow they are ranked like 4 or 5 or something.  I hope that good ranking helps them sleep this week and they dont take us to seriously. And I may be a little biased but I'm also amazed at what the team has accomplish so far. So I'm all in for HC. And no hard feelings about that fair weather stuff. But im not gonna listen to that HC losing by 21 points mess from those hoity toity.  They got lumped up last year and have a good chance to go home sad again. And if we do lose and keep it close like we did with beech we can hold our heads up. We've already won the region.  Put a bow on it. Either way we need some food hard fought games to get us ready for playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, Director said:

Red, I am not a Brentwood Guy at all. I do believe they are well coached and have an abundance of talent. I am a Henry County guy when they are not playing us. I do believe in Counce. He is a winner and very well might out coach them.  All I’m saying is they are very stout and definitely have some talent plus you are playing them there. 
I am for Henry County, I just don’t think this is gonna end well. 
They are strong in the trenches. HC is not as big there as they have been. 
HC definitely has skill Kids, no doubt. This game will be won in the line play. I hope HC is up for this. 

How do you even know? They've only played 2 games. Got the brakes beat off and then put up a similar score as us against a similar rank Dyer county. I looked over their roster I didnt see anything to big as far as lineman. They have a tall QB that's about all that stuck out to me.  HC will give them 4 quarters of all they can handle.  I just dont see us losing by 3tds like they say. What they've done so far just doesnt impress me. I think it will be a good close game. And if we lose to a 6a team at there house and keep it close they pooped the bed anyways!

14 minutes ago, RollRed said:

We dont have the depth? I would argue our running game is better this year. With Jamarcus and big Z. Jalyn Foster was a star but he was plagued with a hamstring injury last year.. out QB has a whole year of growth and development under his belt. Our receivers are looking good. Every one is covering Jawon and we can hit them with a few other capable guys. We may be a little smaller on the line and I'm pretty sure we are starting more sophomores than last year which just means to me the next 2 years are going to just be better and better.. Now let's look at what Brentwood has done so far.. 1 less game under their belt than us. They played a team ranked similar to Dyer County and came up with a score similar to the one we put on DC. Then got the brakes beat clean off last week. But somehow they are ranked like 4 or 5 or something.  I hope that good ranking helps them sleep this week and they dont take us to seriously. And I may be a little biased but I'm also amazed at what the team has accomplish so far. So I'm all in for HC. And no hard feelings about that fair weather stuff. But im not gonna listen to that HC losing by 21 points mess from those hoity toity.  They got lumped up last year and have a good chance to go home sad again. And if we do lose and keep it close like we did with beech we can hold our heads up. We've already won the region.  Put a bow on it. Either way we need some food hard fought games to get us ready for playoffs. 

I have always said High School Football Is about heart and Coaching. I didn’t make the comment about 21 pts. I personally believe you can get beat by 45 or win by 45. Or all depends on whether you play together. All the skill kids in the world are only as good as the guys in front. They are big and strong in the line. While size makes no difference if that line is soft, I just think that Brentwood has got the edge there. 
 I trust Counce, but this is gonna be a tall task. 
There is hardly a game I get more excited for than to play HC. I always know it will be a slobber knocker till the end. 

Edited by Director

35 minutes ago, Director said:

I have always said High School Football Is about heart and Coaching. I didn’t make the comment about 21 pts. I personally believe you can get beat by 45 or win by 45. Or all depends on whether you play together. All the skill kids in the world are only as good as the guys in front. They are big and strong in the line. While size makes no difference if that line is soft, I just think that Brentwood has got the edge there. 
 I trust Counce, but this is gonna be a tall task. 
There is hardly a game I get more excited for than to play HC. I always know it will be a slobber knocker till the end. 

One of the Brentwood people said we'd lose by 3tds. I just cant see it.

48 minutes ago, RollRed said:

How do you even know? They've only played 2 games. Got the brakes beat off and then put up a similar score as us against a similar rank Dyer county. I looked over their roster I didnt see anything to big as far as lineman. They have a tall QB that's about all that stuck out to me.  HC will give them 4 quarters of all they can handle.  I just dont see us losing by 3tds like they say. What they've done so far just doesnt impress me. I think it will be a good close game. And if we lose to a 6a team at there house and keep it close they pooped the bed anyways!

Brentwood Academy would crush Henry County!! Just like they did Brentwood. That’s a silly argument, borderline ignorant. Probably the best team in the state this year. Brentwood is still a very good team and that loss to BA changes nothing.

Guys I have said it once before and I will say it again. I think we will pick up those small gains in the run game and drive on Brentwood slowly but surely. I really think we can move it some there. If Damron can make a play or two I think that will be the difference. Jermarcus and Z are a REALLY good 1, 2 punch. I'm not usually ok with a loss, but if we lose a close game we will be more than fine. A win in this game would get people talking....:popcorneater: