Week 5 -- D-B @ HVA

TribalEmpire

12 hours ago, blazer1set said:

In the 6A rankings DB is #3 and McMinn Co is #4...   Wouldn't it be a hoot if those 2 ended up meeting in the playoffs.....

McMinn Co. must be really good with a lot of players back from last season... sounds like the Indians. 

If they meet, it would be 2nd Round (most likely). And that would have been the game last season but Bearden upset McMinn in Round 1.

That's all too far down the road for me. It's all Hardin Valley right now.

44 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Thanks Blazer.I hadn't read that stuff in a dozen years.Couldn't help but read much of it again.Looks like I got the last post in and it was dead on about DB rebuilding the next year.We were very mad and hurt as fans,players,coaches and parents after that game but I had two boys in the system and couldn't turn loose on anybody.I had a hard enough time keeping my mouth shut during that time frame.My middle son weighed around 190 and could run with about anyone on the team .He Benched 315 for reps of ten before he was old enough to  drive and they were trying to play him on the line for that reason.I was yelling fullback and he ended up defensive end.Well,coach Watson knew more then Batman because he turned my smallest son into an all first team conference and North east Tennessee defensive end. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

Supposed to have someone hooking me up with tickets this afternoon... hoping that is the case.

Tickets are gold this year.My better half gets them but I'm the only one who goes to the games most of the time.I figured it best that a younger family member of a player or coach get those tickets this year .However, I did keep the last one just in case but will probably do the same that week.

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Have to say Blazer,it's still like throwing gas on a fire thinking about that game.Anyone with atleast one game of peewee football under their belt knows DB was not just a few but many touchdowns better then McMinn was  that year.I really found myself feeling bad for their players in the first half.I guess the good lord must have been watching and decided to help them out like he did David.Just a great win for their program but very bad for the Tribe from Kingsport.As someone wrote,you can handle a game like DB would have against Maryville the next year an except the better team won.

2 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

Tickets are gold this year.My better half gets them but I'm the only one who goes to the games most of the time.I figured it best that a younger family member of a player or coach get those tickets this year .However, I did keep the last one just in case but will probably do the same that week.

DITTO. HVA will make an announcement on Thursday to say if there will or won't be tickets sold at Gate

3 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

35 minutes ago, LINEDAD said:

DITTO. HVA will make an announcement on Thursday to say if there will or won't be tickets sold at Gate

On Monday, they limit the sale of tickets to family of players and cheerleaders only.  After that, what's left is fair game to everyone else.  After yesterday there were 66 of the 250 left.