USJ vs JCS

Kublah

3 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

For the life of me I could Not figure it out. But the delay of game sounds right and would have moved it back 5 yards. I will Say it even though they are a rival but USJ got hosed on calls all night. Now the unsportsmanlike calls are another story. But I can Understand the frustration building all night. 

If you get rid of the 5 or 6 unsportsmanlike penalties for the Bruins what are the penalty yards between the two teams?

39 minutes ago, Bellsburg2 said:

There were 4 unsportsmanlike penalties and there are no excuses for those. If you take those away, USJ was penalized approximately 85 yards and they also negated about 100 yards of offense. I believe there were 4 or 5 flags on JC, not certain of the yardage. 

My count is 6 unsportsmanlike penalties

1st

2nd

4th

#1 maybe someone on the sideline (not clear on the broadcast)

39 minutes ago, Bellsburg2 said:

There were 4 unsportsmanlike penalties and there are no excuses for those. If you take those away, USJ was penalized approximately 85 yards and they also negated about 100 yards of offense. I believe there were 4 or 5 flags on JC, not certain of the yardage. 

I'm going to disagree with you for this game. Yes, USJ had JCS on 4th & 17 and couldn't stop them. However, the first unsportsmanlike was pitiful. All the right tackle did for USJ was "finished his block" and pancaked the JCS defender one second after the whistle. I thought he did what he was supposed to do. 

Another unsportsmanlike was apparently for cussing. I mean, we're looking at a rivalry game here with both teams at 4-0 with amazing offenses and defenses. Is a crucial 15 year penalty worth throwing because one player cursed/cussed (however you want to spell it)?

The third one was on the USJ bench because the officials missed a DPI on 3 & 10 that would've gone for USJ and against JCS. That occured after the referee on the USJ sideline called an incomplete pass against USJ where the receiver got his feet inbounds, but when he "finished the process of the catch" he was out of bounds.  

The one on 64 early was ridiculous and should not have been called. There were 3 that were 100% language. I think this is crazy, but I also think once they call it the first time, a little self control and discipline is in order. It was harder than ever on Friday night, but sometimes you just gotta shut up and play. That’s what I was referring to by not excusing those or blaming them on someone else.

6 minutes ago, USJalum88 said:

Like someone said earlier   It was not 6 but 4 and one REALLY questionable call

It was 6. I went back and watched last night. I listed the numbers on all 6 of them. Streams are still up if you want to fact check.

Holding, block in the back, PI can be argued if you want but 90 yards in unsportsmanlike penalties and another 5 on delay of game I find it hard to blame refs for that. 

5 minutes ago, grizman90 said:

It was 6. I went back and watched last night. I listed the numbers on all 6 of them. Streams are still up if you want to fact check.

Holding, block in the back, PI can be argued if you want but 90 yards in unsportsmanlike penalties and another 5 on delay of game I find it hard to blame refs for that. 

I will watch it again but i think you might get some of the many calls against USJ as unsportsmanlike but were another call.

Anyway that group of officials have been suspended by TSSAA

• Like 1

Four penalties were announced by officials as unsportsmanlike conduct, with players identified by number. Personal fouls are not necessarily USC. And you can take that culture BS somewhere else. Probably all those paid recruits, right? You’d think a free education and a Dodge Charger would be enough to get these kids to behave.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bellsburg2 said:

Four penalties were announced by officials as unsportsmanlike conduct, with players identified by number. Personal fouls are not necessarily USC. And you can take that culture BS somewhere else. Probably all those paid recruits, right? You’d think a free education and a Dodge Charger would be enough to get these kids to behave.

Ok that makes sense. It could be 4 unsportsmanlike and 2 personal fouls. Either way all 6 of those penalties are under your own control. 

as for the rest of this post I don’t think it’s directed at me but I have no idea what you are talking about if it Is directed my way.