FORREST AT LORETTO

GeneralForrest

1 minute ago, PeabodyPride said:

Congratulations Forrest,all across the state of Tennessee we was all your fans Tonite !!!!

i was rough on them but it's a nice win after an extremely difficult week. any one here wouldve still wanted their team to play well and wouldve been critical where deserved.  

mainly i am so dissapointed with the absolute lack of anything remotely resembling ingenuity in the offense. 

but yes. winning is always good, so thank you. 

19 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

i was rough on them but it's a nice win after an extremely difficult week. any one here wouldve still wanted their team to play well and wouldve been critical where deserved.  

mainly i am so dissapointed with the absolute lack of anything remotely resembling ingenuity in the offense. 

but yes. winning is always good, so thank you. 

General I am kind of curious. Exactly what type of offense would you run? With all your apparent knowledge of offense and play calling; we would all like to know. I know that Forrest has been in the wing for the last few years and have run it well.                                                       So tell us what would you run? 

2 hours ago, glademom said:

General I am kind of curious. Exactly what type of offense would you run? With all your apparent knowledge of offense and play calling; we would all like to know. I know that Forrest has been in the wing for the last few years and have run it well.                                                       So tell us what would you run? 

1. I have not specifically criticized Wing T. Feel free to use your considerable sleuth skills to find evidence to the contrary. 
2. If run properly with the correct personnel, the Wing T can be deadly. Run sloppily, lazily, and predictably, it is a disaster. 
3. Minus last year (When Forrest had a Top 3 team talent wise in 2A that bailed out this staff time and again), they have lost 15 games since the 2017 season. So that's 4-7 in 2017, 5-6 in 2018, and 2-2 this season. That's 13-15 overall, or .464 winning percentage. If that's your definition of something done "well", remind me not to sample your cooking.  

General Forrest's Maxims. 

1. I believe in adapting to your personnel. This is 180 degrees from what the current staff believes. Nick McClendon collected cobwebs while he sat on the bench or went unused in games for about 50% of offensive plays (including 3rd downs) his JUNIOR year, as a top 2 or 3 ALL-TIME athlete in Rocket history. The Defense could rest right there. Case closed, end of story. But I'll continue...  
2. I would use combinations of Wing T, Spread, Option, and West Coast. In the last 7 seasons, 2A public schools Adamsville, Waverly, Lewis, and Marion have dominated Forrest for entire quarters at a time with offenses that combine multiple disciplines.  
3. I would practice having plays develop much quicker. The ball needs to be delivered to the ball carriers on handoffs in 1-2 seconds, not 5-6 or even 10 seconds. On pass plays the ball should be out of his hand in 5 seconds or less, with few exceptions. 
4. I would occasionally put 4-5 wideouts and use quick short passes to the fastest kids on the team in stride and let them get yards after the catch. Get the ball to Swift, Davis, Burchell, Whittaker, and Pendley when they are in stride and watch what happens.
5. I would also have Kirby optioning occasionally and pitching to one of those 5 and keeping for 10-15 carries a game.
6. Follis would not rotate out every other play. He would get 10 catches a game.  
7. The overall pass/run mix would be 60% run, 40% pass. Kirby would be asked to throw 10-15 yard routes on average, with 2-3 longer balls a game, and a few slants, mentioned above. An average game for him would be 26-32 for 225 yards and the offense would average 175 yards running and 400 yards of total offense a game.  
8. My offense would be predicated on a goal of getting 4-6 yards on first down to avoid 3rd and longs which happens multiple times a game to Forrest.
9. My kids would be conditioned. If they are caught off the field smoking, drinking, or vaping, they are reported to their parents and the Principal, and shamed by their fellow athletes. I would aim to have the best conditioned team in Region 5. My team would lift on game day. 
10. My lines would punish people for 4 quarters and dominate the 4th quarter with constant clock milking drives, mostly on the ground, averaging 8 yards per play.
11. We would go undefeated in region play and would make the quarterfinals of 2A 4 out of 5 years. We would win a gold Ball every 10 years and make Cookeville every 5 years. 

It is widely recognized that the entire program, from youth thru high school, is characterized by the following:

1. A wasting of considerable talent, including favoritism led by coaches playing their own kids only (youth level). 
2. Poorly-run, boringly-repetitive inefficient practices. 
3. Poor decision making in games, including clock management, by coaches.
4. Kids getting gassed late in games. 

Step outside 37034. The coaches and many of the best kids leave for greener pastures. Having said that, I still bleed blue.    

Other than that, I have no thoughts on this issue. If anyone, Forrest fan or not, doesn't like my response, I don't care.

Have a nice weekend.   

Edited by GeneralForrest

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

1. I have not specifically criticized Wing T. Feel free to use your considerable sleuth skills to find evidence to the contrary. 
2. If run properly with the correct personnel, the Wing T can be deadly. Run sloppily, lazily, and predictably, it is a disaster. 
3. Minus last year (When Forrest had a Top 3 team talent wise in 2A that bailed out this staff time and again), they have lost 15 games since the 2017 season. So that's 4-7 in 2017, 5-6 in 2018, and 2-2 this season. That's 13-15 overall, or .464 winning percentage. If that's your definition of something done "well", remind me not to sample your cooking.  

1. I believe in adapting to your personnel. This is 180 degrees from what the current staff believes. Nick McClendon collected cobwebs while he sat on the bench or went unused in games for about 50% of offensive plays (including 3rd downs) his JUNIOR year, as a top 2 or 3 ALL-TIME athlete in Rocket history. The Defense could rest right there. Case closed, end of story. But I'll continue...  
2. I would use combinations of Wing T, Spread, Option, and West Coast. In the last 7 seasons, 2A public schools Adamsville, Waverly, Lewis, and Marion have dominated Forrest for entire quarters at a time with offenses that combine multiple disciplines.  
3. I would practice having plays develop much quicker. The ball needs to be delivered to the ball carriers on handoffs in 1-2 seconds, not 5-6 or even 10 seconds. On pass plays the ball should be out of his hand in 5 seconds or less, with few exceptions. 
4. I would occasionally put 4-5 wideouts and use quick short passes to the fastest kids on the team in stride and let them get yards after the catch. Get the ball to Swift, Davis, Burchell, Whittaker, and Pendley when they are in stride and watch what happens.
5. I would also have Kirby optioning occasionally and pitching to one of those 5 and keeping for 10-15 carries a game.
6. Follis would not rotate out every other play. He would get 10 catches a game.  
7. The overall pass/run mix would be 60% run, 40% pass. Kirby would be asked to throw 10-15 yard routes on average, with 2-3 longer balls a game, and a few slants, mentioned above. An average game for him would be 26-32 for 225 yards and the offense would average 175 yards running and 400 yards of total offense a game.  
8. My offense would be predicated on a goal of getting 4-6 yards on first down to avoid 3rd and longs which happens multiple times a game to Forrest.
9. My kids would be conditioned. If they are caught off the field smoking, drinking, or vaping, they are reported to their parents and the Principal, and shamed by their fellow athletes. I would aim to have the best conditioned team in Region 5. My team would lift on game day. 
10. My lines would punish people for 4 quarters and dominate the 4th quarter with constant clock milking drives, mostly on the ground, averaging 8 yards per play.
11. We would go undefeated in region play and would make the quarterfinals of 2A 4 out of 5 years. We would win a gold Ball every 10 years and make Cookeville every 5 years. 

It is widely recognized that the entire program, from youth thru high school, is characterized by the following:

1. A wasting of considerable talent, including favoritism led by coaches playing their own kids only (youth level). 

Step outside 37034. The coaches and many of the best kids leave for greener pastures. Having said that, I still bleed blue.    

Other than that, I have no thoughts on this issue. If anyone, Forrest fan or not, doesn't like my response, I don't care.

Have a nice weekend.   

Yep I see that you are truly a gridiron genius. Some school needs to grab you quick. You are the total package. 

2 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

Have a nice weekend.   

I saw Forrest last year. Peabody, Hunnington, Miegs, Tyner, would have mercy ruled last Forrest.  Top 3 talent I don't think so.