AP TOP 10 CLASS 1A SEPT 14, 2020

Southtowner

8 hours ago, croz6110 said:

Gordonsville received no points after their loss to Trousdale; however, they will have the chance to beat 3 teams in the current top 10 in the regular season.

Yall are about top 5 Crozy.  Seriously.  Bassy has yall at #6 I think.  No lower than that.  Good luck Friday.  Huge game for Gordonsville and Clay. 

7 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Everything I thought I've read about it is that the team that cant play due to covid will get a no contest during the regular season.Wont count as a loss.But the other team will pick up a win .But if it was during the playoffs and it happened,then the team that couldn't play would have to forfeit and count as a loss,thus eliminating them from the playoffs.At least that's how I think Ive read it.So Union City and Crockett Co will get a win but Lake Co wont get a loss.So I'm thinking officially LC is 2-0.Maybe I'm wrong though

Cancellation of Contests due to COVID 19 Games  shall be treated as follows:

Football - TSSAA Regulations require teams to play a district/region schedule for playoff purposes. Regular season standings and the building of postseason brackets are done by TSSAA staff which creates the need for consistency on how cancellations are handled. Therefore, the following procedures are in place when a team is unable to play due to a COVID 19 outbreak or school system mandate.

1. Region Game- The game will go on record as a no contest for the school that is unable to play due to the outbreak or school system mandate. The school that could have played will receive a region win and overall win in the standings if the school can not replace the game with a new opponent on the same week it was originally scheduled to occur. If the school that could have played does replace the game with another opponent on the same week it was originally scheduled to occur, the school receives a Region win in the standings and the outcome of the game will be used in the overall standings.

2. Non Region Game- The game will go on record as a no contest for the school that is unable to play due to the outbreak or school system mandate. The school that could have played will receive a win in the overall standings if the game is not replaced. If the school that could play does replace the game with another opponent, the outcome of the game will be used in the overall standings.