Copper Basin @ George Walton Academy (GA)

Narco

14 minutes ago, Pirate1999 said:

According to Cal Preps on a neutral field they have South Pitt 35 George Walton Academy 17
Obviously you play the game on the field but I’m not sure that they are better than the Pirates. 

I’ve found cal preps unreliable this year, as well as Massey... Massey has predicted us to lose every single game we’ve played! Massey said for a game between the Pirates and George Walton the score would be 28-27 George Walton the winners at a neutral field! 

• Upvote 1

On 9/22/2020 at 9:34 AM, SPHS09 said:

One of many that turned us down because they “couldn’t travel.”

Well, it makes sense.  I mapped it out on Google Maps and it is a whole 20 minutes shorter drive time going to Copper Hill than it is going to South Pittsburg.  

:huh:

Edited by The Drunken Sailor

55 minutes ago, Pirate1999 said:

According to Cal Preps on a neutral field they have South Pitt 35 George Walton Academy 17
Obviously you play the game on the field but I’m not sure that they are better than the Pirates. 

I am a Pirate fan myself but @TheRefuter sent the massy ratings matchup tool to a post a while back and it seems pretty accurate George Walton 28 South Pitt 27 on a neutral field and my Pirates also win 40 to 7 over the Cougars so South Pitt is good along with George Walton but the Cougars are in for a rough back half of the season.

5 hours ago, Pirate1999 said:

Objectively, I do not trust Cal Preps. Massey Ratings Matchup Tool has proven to be the more accurate tool over the years, but I don't have complete faith in it this year either. 

I have found that Cal Preps suffers from recency bias. It says that 2020 SP is as good as, or better than every SP team from the last decade, including 2010.

I have seen them play. They are good, but it is impossible to tell whether or not they are better than 2010, 2011, or 2013 SP. 

Same thing for Copper Basin. It says 2020 CB is better than both quarterfinal teams of the 2010s. 

Again, I have seen them play. It is impossible to tell whether or not they are better than 2010 CB, 2012 CB or 2014 CB. 

Edited by TheRefuter
Clarification