West at Clinton

WestHigh4Life

7 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

I forgot about Oakland. Yep I would have them ahead as well. Mt. Juliet, no idea. They get hyped yearly only to fall early.

What might be muddying my opinion is the Mt. Juliet defense of the past few seasons. Their 2020 defense may not be as good, but one thing that has been true in recent years with Mt. Juliet - they may not score a lot, but they won't give up much either.

Clinton could only muster 22 yards of offense against Oak Ridge.  I don't see them doing any better this week. 

Clinton will play hard and not just lay over, but I don't see this one being close unless if West has like 5 turnovers and doesn't come ready to play.

I'm gonna say West 49 Clinton 7

That Clinton score will come late in the 4th with West's 3rd string in.

12 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

Clinton could only muster 22 yards of offense against Oak Ridge.  I don't see them doing any better this week. 

Clinton will play hard and not just lay over, but I don't see this one being close unless if West has like 5 turnovers and doesn't come ready to play.

I'm gonna say West 49 Clinton 7

That Clinton score will come late in the 4th with West's 3rd string in.

Well they had more than that on their first drive - and managed to do what only 1 other team has done - score on west’s defense.  Clinton came out first quarter to play and they were not intimidated by the rebels.  Clinton QB ran for his life most of the night - but kept the sacks down and made a few plays.  Pretty hard hitting game.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, MeritIII said:

Well they had more than that on their first drive - and managed to do what only 1 other team has done - score on west’s defense.  Clinton came out first quarter to play and they were not intimidated by the rebels.  Clinton QB ran for his life most of the night - but kept the sacks down and made a few plays.  Pretty hard hitting game.

How many starters were out?

10 minutes ago, MeritIII said:

Clinton was tough against us on D and hit us pretty hard as well. If they could shore up their O some, I could see them being a decent team next year, granted they bring back a lot off of that defense.

12 hours ago, MeritIII said:

I have alot of confidence in Clinton's new HC and coaching staff. Our team battles and doesn't give up but they are very young and hopefully will continue to get better each and every week. 

I believe this new coaching staff will definitely turn things around and get Clinton back to being competitive.