Lake County at Gleason

lakecounty1968

Lake County rolls into Gleason trying  to get over the blowout lose to Westview. Gleason is looking for their first win of the year. LC had a few bright spots against Westview. The freshmen QB Ceasar played very good. He was 8 out of 14 for 169 yards and 2 touchdown passes. The Falcons had two receivers that had big nights and that's about it on offense. LC has to find a running game quick. LC did not run the ball effectively against Westview. The defense played ok in spots. The Falcons missed to many tackles and took plays off on defense. The Falcons need to get focused and get ready for the stretch run. The next 4 are all region games. LC has to put the Westview game behind them. I think they get started this week and wins this game. 

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Most of LC kids play both ways. LC is extremely young and they make alot of mistakes. If LC continues to make this silly mistakes Gleason might make a game of it. I look for LC to shake off the loss to Westview and gets things rolling this week. LC has 4 straight region games that will decide their playoff fate. 

What are your thoughts on how region will finish up?  1st round byes for R7 correct?

Yes, the top 4 teams will get a bye to the 2nd round. I think Lake County will win the region and West Carroll, Greenfield and Dresden will finish anywhere between 2 and 4. So. Fulton could upset someone and get in. Anyone of the 4 I mentioned above can win the region. My pick of LC winning is a little shaky with the way they played last week. LC hasn't played a complete game this year. I do think they will gel somewhere in the next few weeks. My pick to come out of the west right now is Huntingdon.

Still think LC is clear number one in our region. WC, Greenfield & Dresden are evenly matched but I don't see anyone of them beating LC. Unless they play great and LC has a bad night. South Fulton is probably like the rest of our district, closely matched but not a great team. I was surprised Dresden got the win against Obion County Friday night. They may be learning to finish games.

15 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Yes, the top 4 teams will get a bye to the 2nd round. I think Lake County will win the region and West Carroll, Greenfield and Dresden will finish anywhere between 2 and 4. So. Fulton could upset someone and get in. Anyone of the 4 I mentioned above can win the region. My pick of LC winning is a little shaky with the way they played last week. LC hasn't played a complete game this year. I do think they will gel somewhere in the next few weeks. My pick to come out of the west right now is Huntingdon.

I’m not sure about your pick to come out of the west, but Huntingdon’s kids make up for being a little less athletic by going 110 on every play. This season has been enjoyable for me by just seeing pretty steady improvement and young uns stepping up. Good luck!

9 hours ago, Mustang1969 said:

I’m not sure about your pick to come out of the west, but Huntingdon’s kids make up for being a little less athletic by going 110 on every play. This season has been enjoyable for me by just seeing pretty steady improvement and young uns stepping up. Good luck!

No telling who will represent the west. Whoever comes out of region 5 might even have a chance