Region Standings w/ COVID

Solomon

I'm trying to make sure I understand this.

As I read this If a team forfeits a game because of COVID, the other team gets a W but the team that forfeits does not get an L.

So let's fast forward to end of week 11. In 6 team region, the two teams vying for the 4th spot are Team A that  finishes 2-2 with a COVID forfeit and Team B that finishes 2-3 with no COVID forfeits. Does Team A make the playoffs over team B due to winning percentage? Doubly fun if Team B beat Team A too.

Edited by Solomon

1 hour ago, Solomon said:

As I read this If a team forfeits a game because of COVID, the other team gets a W but the team that forfeits does not get an L.

So let's fast forward to end of week 11. In 6 team region, the two teams vying for the 4th spot are Team A that  finishes 2-2 with a COVID forfeit and Team B that finishes 2-3 with no COVID forfeits. Does Team A make the playoffs over team B due to winning percentage? Doubly fun if Team B beat Team A too.

I’ve been doing the same type research and projections. They need to clarify things badly before the seeding process happens or it could be a mess all over the state. Their standings show exactly what you detailed! However, someone on the other thread is saying they will count as losses when seeding happens. It makes no sense, though, that they wouldn’t show that on the current standings. Again, it’s confusing and potentially problematic.

22 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

I’ve been doing the same type research and projections. They need to clarify things badly before the seeding process happens or it could be a mess all over the state. Their standings show exactly what you detailed! However, someone on the other thread is saying they will count as losses when seeding happens. It makes no sense, though, that they wouldn’t show that on the current standings. Again, it’s confusing and potentially problematic.

Which thread?

6 hours ago, Solomon said:

Here is another what if senario.Team C is 0-2 and both team A and B beat them .Team C  goes back to virtual learning from home and protects it's player's from covid the rest of the way.Teams A and B don't make it because of Covid restrictions.Team C gets forfeit playoff wins all the way through and wins the state championship with zero wins on the field.