2A Region 6 playoffs

vandyfan1

2 hours ago, Trollin said:

So many ppl doubting Waverly. It’s funny to me. This Waverly team is special.

The first half of the season has literally been an anything goes no hold bar. You can’t really speak for the first half of the season. You have to remind yourselves that there was no spring practice, no preseason, no 7 on 7, no scrimmages. None! Everyone is just starting to settle in this far in the season.

Unfortunately for Waverly they have not had the opportunity to showcase themselves because they have had 3 games cancelled due to Covid. 

Waverly is a good team. You will see them build momentum the last part of this season. And all I have to say is watch out! They will speak for themselves over the next several weeks. 

I still stand firm that this is a semi final team. 

I like it! And the best part... This really is a young team. It’s exciting!

Saw East Hickman last night against Hickman and I admit that I was a little surprised at their talent level. They have several kids that can run along with some good size across the board. I realize the opponent affected how well they looked, but I have to wonder how good they can be if they start to believe. I now understand how the Riverside score was close. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

Saw East Hickman last night against Hickman and I admit that I was a little surprised at their talent level. They have several kids that can run along with some good size across the board. I realize the opponent affected how well they looked, but I have to wonder how good they can be if they start to believe. I now understand how the Riverside score was close. 

Yea but then you look at Houston Co and wonder how they beat them?!

1 hour ago, ddaddy said:

I agree the only thing that I can figure is that Houston Co was whole when they played and no doubt HC out coached them as well. 

East had 3 TD called back against Houston and played an off game with players out due to COVID. East is not a team to sleep on. Should be interesting to see how it comes out the last week. 

1 minute ago, Bulldawgforlife said:

East had 3 TD called back against Houston and played an off game with players out due to COVID. East is not a team to sleep on. Should be interesting to see how it comes out the last week. 

Yes the last week should be pretty interesting. I still think it says a lot about the coaching staff at East Hickman when they decided not to play Waverly. Sounds like it would have been a close game. 

This year is up in the air!!! Normally you can get a feel for teams based on opponents, but this year who knows. So many teams been off and without players so who can really tell how a team is. It’s gonna be a week to week match up and see how it goes. At this point I have no clue who is what and where they will end up

5 hours ago, ddaddy said:

I still think Riverside eased off the gas pedal that game but was very impressed how East Hickman never quit. Was there last night as well and great push from the offensive line w two running backs that ran very hard w good vision. Don’t sleep on qb either. Can throw and run. Very calm and is an obvious leader