Moore Co at Huntland

DiamondRaider11

3 hours ago, Oleskooly said:

Like I said, a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. Lol. SP is in a different world talent wise compared to the rest of Single A. Still not understanding how and what makes them this way, year in and out, but they’ve done something right all these years. Hated I never got to play them. 

We’ve had some bad years as well. The early 80’s weren’t kind to SP. As well as 88-92, 2000-2002, 2004-2006, 2014-2015. Those were all some rough years if you look back through the archives. It happens to everyone at this level. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HereSoIDontGetFined said:

Huntland has fielded two different teams this season.

1 with Stewart playing at 80% or better health, and one without Stewart. In two of the Hornets losses they were missing 4 seniors that started on both sides of the ball. Moore County has a great team, but they would be wise not to underestimate the Hornets tonight. This will be a game that is within a score in the 4th qtr.

#4 Stewart is controling the game right now. We are playing their game. We get the ball at half. Should be another great finish. Two key injuries for mc is hurting.

4 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

We’ve had some bad years as well. The early 80’s weren’t kind to SP. As well as 88-92, 2000-2002, 2004-2006, 2014-2015. Those were all some rough years if you look back through the archives. It happens to everyone at this level. 

That 2001 bunch made to the semis.  They didn't have a lot, but the came along during the season and played hard. 

4 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

37 and 38 weren't good years either

8 hours ago, Southtowner said:

They could be a contender for the silver but not the gold if as you say they don't take care of business handily tonight. 

It's really hard to be a consistent contender year in and year out,, we only have 5500 people in our entire county where SP has a county of 28,000 people, it makes quite a difference..

Edited by oldraiderfan

Stewart boy is an absolute BEAST! But Huntland’s Coach should be ashamed of himself the kid went down early in the 3rd and was visibly shaken up the rest of the game and was doubled over after every play for 1qt and a half it was clearly visible to everyone in the stadium yet they still rode him all the way to 2 turnovers directly caused by it. I’m sure the kid wanted to play and the sport needs more kids like him but less Coaches like Robertson! Sometimes grownups need to be just that!!   

Edited by BBRaider
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, BBRaider said:

Stewart boy is an absolute BEAST! But Huntland’s Coach should be ashamed of himself the kid went down early in the 3rd and was visibly shaken up the rest of the game and was doubled over after every play for 1qt and a half it was clearly visible to everyone in the stadium yet they still rode him all the way to 2 turnovers directly caused by it. I’m sure the kid wanted to play and the sport needs more kids like him but less Coaches like Robertson! Sometimes grownups need to be just that!!   

I agree , Stewart appeared to be worn out or, still feeling the effect from the tackle where he lost his helmet and bang his head on the ground. 

Edited by oldraiderfan