Betsy vs Greeneville

BetsyCyclones16

15 hours ago, timcraw said:

Few years ago Ballard and the Greene Devils came to J Fred and smacked DB. 43 to 3 or something. Did Ballard pull his starters? No. Did I complain. No. How can I complain when DB has done it for years under Clark. Cant beat a team 77 to 0 then complain about running up the score

your facts are a bit wrong......the starters were pulled after the 3rd.

Ok, heres my final take on everything Betsy vs G'ville up to this point. These two communities have been sports rivals for as long as i can remember. sometimes we kick yours, sometimes you kick ours. for most the 2000's, Ours has been the dominant football program and along the way, im sure some noses have been rubbed in the dirt and some feelings have been hurt. It sucks to lose to your biggest rival all the t ime ( im a vols fan, i KNOW alot about this particular topic) so, when you FINALLY slay the dragon, it feels dam good and you want to hoot and holler about it. I get it, thats one of the things that makes all of this so fun and at times so frustrating and painful, ESPECIALLY as we get older and our time left to enjoy it starts to dwindle. I totally understand how the betsy kids, coaches , parents and fans felt last year the first time yall came from behind to take down the "big bad devils" and then again the second time, sending us packing for the year. and I totally get and understand how great it must feel to come in to the devils house and stick a fork in us. It's no fun to be the one getting whupped. we BOTH now know how that feels and man does it suck. So enjoy your time at the top Cyclones. you've worked for it, earned it and by gosh deserve to be proud of it. now, its our kids turn to work hard, bust azz and strive to take back what we BOTH all love and covet.....the title of "Champions". We are both two very proud communities who will fight tooth and nail to defend our own and that's something for both of us to take pride in. It's been a blast cooresponding with most of you guys on here the past 11 years. Our boys will continue to scrap with one another on the grid iron long after we are gone. So, best of luck to the Cyclones the rest of the way and should we see eachother again in 5 weeks up there in CB stadium, then we'll get after it one more time and see whats what.

6 hours ago, BVDevil said:

Ok, heres my final take on everything Betsy vs G'ville up to this point. These two communities have been sports rivals for as long as i can remember. sometimes we kick yours, sometimes you kick ours. for most the 2000's, Ours has been the dominant football program and along the way, im sure some noses have been rubbed in the dirt and some feelings have been hurt. It sucks to lose to your biggest rival all the t ime ( im a vols fan, i KNOW alot about this particular topic) so, when you FINALLY slay the dragon, it feels dam good and you want to hoot and holler about it. I get it, thats one of the things that makes all of this so fun and at times so frustrating and painful, ESPECIALLY as we get older and our time left to enjoy it starts to dwindle. I totally understand how the betsy kids, coaches , parents and fans felt last year the first time yall came from behind to take down the "big bad devils" and then again the second time, sending us packing for the year. and I totally get and understand how great it must feel to come in to the devils house and stick a fork in us. It's no fun to be the one getting whupped. we BOTH now know how that feels and man does it suck. So enjoy your time at the top Cyclones. you've worked for it, earned it and by gosh deserve to be proud of it. now, its our kids turn to work hard, bust azz and strive to take back what we BOTH all love and covet.....the title of "Champions". We are both two very proud communities who will fight tooth and nail to defend our own and that's something for both of us to take pride in. It's been a blast cooresponding with most of you guys on here the past 11 years. Our boys will continue to scrap with one another on the grid iron long after we are gone. So, best of luck to the Cyclones the rest of the way and should we see eachother again in 5 weeks up there in CB stadium, then we'll get after it one more time and see whats what.

Well brother,I pick this post as my favorite . Took a while for you to gear the temper back a little.I was thinking about how you beat that golf club for what seemed like an hour and then tried to straighten it back up,haha.Thats what I think we loved most about any competition we ever had, watching the other go crazy. I know what I was thinking when I read the post about Witten punching you in the face. Maybe today, but not back in the day.You have stood up to guys that make his big brother look small.Anyway,it was a fun read and as you said , Elizabethton just kicked the Devils backsides and not much more to add.

Edited by BatmanDevil

3 hours ago, jjm70 said:

Witten is a better coach than Ballard and always have been.  Only reason Ballard won ball games is because he had D1 athletes on that team. Isn’t Albright sitting on the bench at UT because he couldn’t snap the ball to the punter during the SC game?

Witten is a fine coach and Ballard was also. I'm really not sure how to word the rest because by reading your post,you almost contradict your own words .It's either Ballard got a lot out of his athletes or Tennessee sucks at coaching them.

49 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Witten is a fine coach and Ballard was also. I'm really not sure how to word the rest because by reading your post,you almost contradict your own words .It's either Ballard got a lot out of his athletes or Tennessee sucks at coaching them.

There wanna be D1 players in Greeneville 

10 minutes ago, jjm70 said:

I see.To be honest I've not been keeping up with a lot of the back and forth stuff.I personally have always given Elizabethton their due and call it how I see it.Several of the posters from Elizabethton are the same.Take Lawnman as a good example of that.Now I know there are a few Devil fans that have given it out over the years and better be able to take it now.I've got a lot of ties to the Elizabethton area with my in-laws and know a lot of fine people from most parts of town and Carter county alike.What is it the sign says going up towards my mother-in-law's home place in Stoney Creek.If you kill one of ours and so on.Anyway, one of my boys  is named after the Taylor family up that way and I respect the toughness that comes out of your county.Part of my wife's family is on that war monument in town .Our communities are much the same and it's fitting that the sports programs have been very competitive over the years.

47 minutes ago, jjm70 said:

I sure liked watching Cade Ballard get his First Career start on the road for Army. He had a lot of 1st yesterday including his first Rushing Touchdown. I mean evidently for a “wanna be” D1 player that must be a pretty darn awesome accomplishment. 

Where did you play D1 at again?