Hardin County @ Lexington

Tigersandcats

On 10/11/2020 at 6:53 AM, tigerpride22 said:

For Lexington to have a chance they will have to score every time we get the ball. Our secondary is non-existent for pass coverage.  If we can stop Hunt & Pope a couple of times and then have long sustained drives that keep them off the field then we have a chance.  This game is always a battle & this one should be as well. 

I'm assuming you are a Lex fan since you said, "our secondary is non-existent...….", so I wanted to ask why you think that?  They haven't lost games this year due to secondary play.  I also believe last night's performance speaks for itself.  Pope had zero catches, and Hunt was basically shut down.  Just curious to why people doubt our home town guys so much?  You are entitled to your opinion, I am just glad those guys played their butts off last night and proved you wrong.  Go Tiger!

Lexington was able to get some pressure without committing linebackers to the rush.  That allowed  7 and 8 men in coverage.  I even noticed some wrinkles where d-lineman dropped to the short middle in coverage.  I was surprised at how well the Lexington lines on both sides faired versus HC.  Milan’s line play was considerably better than HC in my opinion.  Pope is a good player you could see his ability but Lexington defensive backfield played extremely well last night and answered the challenge.  Lexington has not faced a team this year with a balanced offensive attack so the pass defense against a spread attack was somewhat unknown.  They did a great job of handling multiple formations and coverage assignments.  Much credit to the players, as the previous poster stated, played their butts off and to the coaches who executed a solid game plan.  I was very impressed with how well Lexington was prepared.