Bulldogs to Rebel Hill.

pujo

10 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

The Bulldogs ate the Rebels lunch, and even had desert with coffee Last year.  Some of you may remember or may not, but I was one of only a few tooting my horn last year about how the Rebels would run ragged at Hampton.  Man, I sure ate a lot of crow for that :hungry: and I’m still full from it :roflolk:.  

Putting the nonsense behind with a more realistic approach and not so much smack talk this go around.  I do not see either team winning by more than 2 TD’s if that many; I maybe wrong, but the score(s) not going to mean diddly during the playoffs.

The Bulldogs have played just a tad tougher schedule, with the one of those tough game’s with the longhorns of Mountain City.  I think both teams are closely match as far as the offense goes and not so one dimensional which may make for an exciting game?? Defense maybe I would give the edge to the Bulldogs based on how they performed against the longhorns. Special teams, I’m not sure who really has the upper hand, but I believe will play a huge roll of the outcome for this game.

In the early 2000’s (01-04) SG had the upper hand with getting 3 W’s out of the 4 and the only L which was in 02 at Hampton.  The two teams did not play each other from 2005-2012.  Starting the rivalry back up in 2013-2019 Hampton has owned SG with SG’s only W coming in 2018 which was at SG.  2001-2004, 2013-2019 Hampton leads the series 7 W’s out of 11 games.

A new decade has started and it has been interesting to say the least. I know this game will be nothing like last years. Most of you on this thread if not all of you have Hampton having the edge; but I am pulling for my local Greene County boys the SG Rebels.  With a couple of ties I have with SG I know the team has worked hard this year and I would like to see the hard work payoff in a game of this magnitude.  It would be nice to see SG get W and leave no doubt about the potential of this team.

There’s not much time left before the game gets underway tonight, but I would like know from the Hampton fans who are your playmakers besides the QB?

Safe travels

Go Rebels and Go Big Greene.

Our best playmaker is our Defence, on offence,its whoever gets the ball. Could be one of several. I'm sure we've had 8 or 9 different people score. QB can hurt you either way and he's a mess on d.

Just now, uknoit2 said:

Every other thread says the QB is all we got! ;-)  I absolutely love all of our backs and TE's (23,24,9,1,18,6)...Hard to say where they'll line up and all have been playmakers this season...O & D lines are stout. Tonight should be interesting, but if I were SG, I'd just prepare to stop the QB LOL

Tonight's game is the featured game on WCYB channel 5 also...Wonder if the cameras will cause any to have their heads in the clouds??

Always like your posts 5:8!

Definitely takes a team to be undefeated at this far in the season.  I have the projector screen set to record so I can watch after the Greene & Betsy Game.  I appreciate the comment.  You going to the game?  I heard tickets sold out very quickly.

29 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

The Bulldogs ate the Rebels lunch, and even had desert with coffee Last year.  Some of you may remember or may not, but I was one of only a few tooting my horn last year about how the Rebels would run ragged at Hampton.  Man, I sure ate a lot of crow for that :hungry: and I’m still full from it :roflolk:.  

Putting the nonsense behind with a more realistic approach and not so much smack talk this go around.  I do not see either team winning by more than 2 TD’s if that many; I maybe wrong, but the score(s) not going to mean diddly during the playoffs.

The Bulldogs have played just a tad tougher schedule, with the one of those tough game’s with the longhorns of Mountain City.  I think both teams are closely match as far as the offense goes and not so one dimensional which may make for an exciting game?? Defense maybe I would give the edge to the Bulldogs based on how they performed against the longhorns. Special teams, I’m not sure who really has the upper hand, but I believe will play a huge roll of the outcome for this game.

In the early 2000’s (01-04) SG had the upper hand with getting 3 W’s out of the 4 and the only L which was in 02 at Hampton.  The two teams did not play each other from 2005-2012.  Starting the rivalry back up in 2013-2019 Hampton has owned SG with SG’s only W coming in 2018 which was at SG.  2001-2004, 2013-2019 Hampton leads the series 7 W’s out of 11 games.

A new decade has started and it has been interesting to say the least. I know this game will be nothing like last years. Most of you on this thread if not all of you have Hampton having the edge; but I am pulling for my local Greene County boys the SG Rebels.  With a couple of ties I have with SG I know the team has worked hard this year and I would like to see the hard work payoff in a game of this magnitude.  It would be nice to see SG get W and leave no doubt about the potential of this team.

There’s not much time left before the game gets underway tonight, but I would like know from the Hampton fans who are your playmakers besides the QB?

Safe travels

Go Rebels and Go Big Greene.

Outside people doing the predicting, not Hampton. We'll just proceed with CAUTION.

1 minute ago, Romansfive8 said:

Definitely takes a team to be undefeated at this far in the season.  I have the projector screen set to record so I can watch after the Greene & Betsy Game.  I appreciate the comment.  You going to the game?  I heard tickets sold out very quickly.

Oh yea, I'm headed...Gotta keep our QB under control!

I figure the Greene & Betsy game will draw a lot of fans that might have made it to this game?

Just now, Romansfive8 said:

Outside prediction looks pretty evenly matched for the most part so it’s definitely been a tough pick for most.  

Being totally honest, I think Hampton wins by 2 or 3 scores. Very hard to score on and hard to stop. Hampton is about the only one that's stopped them this season. Think SG may get a splash play or 2, doubt very seriously they can drive the ball.

17 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Oh yea, I'm headed...Gotta keep our QB under control!

I figure the Greene & Betsy game will draw a lot of fans that might have made it to this game?

10-4

Yea, I am pretty sure that game sold out too. I feel an upset coming tonight up on the hill in Greeneville,  hopefully it’s not what I ate for lunch. Betsy got the mojo right now.  This will be a great test for both teams and I believe they’ll end up meeting again in the playoffs.  We’ll catch ya later.

58 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

You get covid'd out of another game???? We had Unaka cancel our game next Friday, but have picked up a lil 5A program to fill the gap

Little ole 5a that you will beat. It will be better than playing Unaka. Volunteer career record is 116-297. That’s a 28% winning pct. Good luck tonight and safe travels.

3 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

10-4

Yea, I am pretty sure that game sold out too. I feel an upset coming tonight up on the hill in Greeneville,  hopefully it’s not what I ate for lunch. Betsy got the mojo right now.  This will be a great test for both teams and I believe they’ll end up meeting again in the playoffs.  We’ll catch ya later.

Don't think anyone in 4A has anything for the Clones. This will be one of if not, their toughest tests.

11 minutes ago, pujo said:

Being totally honest, I think Hampton wins by 2 or 3 scores. Very hard to score on and hard to stop. Hampton is about the only one that's stopped them this season. Think SG may get a splash play or 2, doubt very seriously they can drive the ball.

You could very well be right, but just Incase have your spoon and fork ready for the crow :hungry: :thumb:

Edited by Romansfive8