Huntland@Cornersville

Tweeter79

Wasn't this game halted and called last year with under 1 minute remaining in the game?

Seems to me it got really chippy and the white hat wasn't having any of it.  

With Cornersville trailing 35-7 and with the ball, every play seemed to get that extra push here and shove there.

So,  the white hat picked up the ball, held it straight up in the air, called the contest final, then proceeded to flip the ball to the Cornersville sideline.  

I believe that's what happened.   

11 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Wasn't this game halted and called last year with under 1 minute remaining in the game?

Seems to me it got really chippy and the white hat wasn't having any of it.  

With Cornersville trailing 35-7 and with the ball, every play seemed to get that extra push here and shove there.

So,  the white hat picked up the ball, held it straight up in the air, called the contest final, then proceeded to flip the ball to the Cornersville sideline.  

I believe that's what happened.   

Among many other things that happened during that game, yes you are correct.

1 hour ago, Raider2021 said:

Have to disagree on this one. Both are great backs but no where near the same

You beat me to it. #4 for Cornersville runs hard and seems like a tough kid but Stewart is a beast. He moves well for a big back and it looks like people are trying to tackle a bull out there. Definitely not the same. 

No player in the district is as dominate as Kolbi Stewart. None. Corntown and MC have really great players too but they also have the threat of a passing attack, which takes a major load off their teams backs. Big difference in my opinion.

Edited by phil24

11 hours ago, phil24 said:

No player in the district is as dominate as Kolbi Stewart. None. Corntown and MC have really great players too but they also have the threat of a passing attack, which takes a major load off their teams backs. Big difference in my opinion.

I agree. If he is healthy and his plays are managed better Huntland will win. Question is how healthy is he? He was rode hard and put up wet last week against MC (38 Carries) he took a Nasty hit early in the 3rd and wasn’t the same after.   

Edited by BBRaider

1 hour ago, BBRaider said:

I agree. If he is healthy and his plays are managed better Huntland will win. Question is how healthy is he? He was rode hard and put up wet last week against MC (38 Carries) he took a Nasty hit early in the 3rd and wasn’t the same after.   

53 carries is what one site said. So which is it? 

18 hours ago, Raider2021 said:

Have to disagree on this one. Both are great backs but no where near the same

I am not really comparing the 2 of them.  I am not taking anything away from #4 for Huntland ( I have not seen him play ).  I am just saying that #4 for Cornersville is effective in what Cornersville will need to do to, in my opinion, win the game. He can be that type of player that gets those tough yards to extend drives and keeps the Huntland offense on the sidelines.