Lincoln County @ Page Canceled?!

sportsguy22

1 minute ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Keaton Wade should be back by then.  Coach Coleman told me last week he is cleared to return but still having some nagging pain.   Holding him out precautionary.   With him in, I don't see anyone beating Summit.   Beech, Hillsboro,  and Summit will be the favorites in Quad 3.   Shelbyville is probably the next most likely team to advance right now I'd say.

Time will tell. Shelbyville may play Hillsboro in Round 1. And we all realize Hillsboro is probably the second best team in that region. It’s just too bad they are not playing Gallatin. What a huge break Gallatin will likely get by getting to host Page as opposed to going to Shelbyville. Huge break for Page too! What a horrible break for both Hillsboro and Shelbyville!

looks like all 3 teams will go into last week of season at 1-3 in district and the last game of the year has 

Franklin County vs Page

Lincoln County vs Summit

Columbia vs Shelbyville

One of the 3 teams will be left out of playoffs and it will come down to who can win that last region game or it will go to tiebreakers, correct? Hopefully one of those games is not a Covid forfeit

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

You’re forgetting about Lincoln County. It will likely be a three-way tie with Lincoln County, Franklin County, and Columbia for 4th. Lincoln beat Franklin who beat Columbia who beat Lincoln. Straight three way tie with one win each. It will then go to overall wins. Columbia will easily beat a bad Stratford team this week and finish with 5 wins (played a very weak schedule, which is why I despise using non-region games for tiebreakers!!). The other two will likely finish with 3 and 2 overall wins, respectively. Columbia’s reward will be going to Beech as a sacrificial lamb, unlike 

Edited by wave88
N

2 minutes ago, wave88 said:

I think this is where you and I are seeing things differently.  I see it like this, the tie breaker if 3 teams are the same is used to break the 3 way tie.  Then it reverts back to head to head.  This is how I am seeing it.  With the overall record breaking the 3 way tie, it then goes to head to head of the two remaining and that falls on Franklin County because they win head to head over Columbia.  
If I’m wrong, it wouldn’t be the first or last time today.  

With the three way tie when each have beaten each other, the first tiebreaker is overall wins. Columbia will win it. If two of the three had the same number of overall wins, then it would go to head to head. In other words, two teams are immediately eliminated due to overall wins and one is left standing. I have a big problem with this tiebreaker rule, and always have!! It’s ridiculous to use a wide range of non-region games to determine playoff seeding! Should not happen. They should be using points allowed or point differential (you could even limit it to just the first half) between just the tied region teams. It’s logical and makes sense. As for Columbia, yikes! Beech will have revenge on their mind and it could be ugly! Columbia has fallen apart almost completely.

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

Agree. I don’t think they would have beaten Page either. However, you hate it for the kids to not have that opportunity all because perfectly healthy kids are sidelined by this “contact tracing” ridiculousness! They have a QB that is dangerous and they can put up points, so you never know for sure until you play.

You’re right. I would rather play and get beat than not play at all. And I agree about their QB. He is a special athlete. Unfortunately, they don’t seem to have much else and it’s hard to win giving up what they are on D and not having a running game outside of the QB.

• Like 1

Summit and Shelbyville are the only two teams out of this district that will be able to play with teams in the playoffs. The others are not as competitive for playoffs. Page and the other teams are really down and playing a lot of young players. They should be better next year.  Last year this district was better than the Beech district. That is not the case this year and most years. It will be interesting to see how this plays out for playoffs. Hate it for the players who don't get the chance to play some games but it could be worse.

17 minutes ago, ItsFootball said:

Summit and Shelbyville are the only two teams out of this district that will be able to play with teams in the playoffs. The others are not as competitive for playoffs. Page and the other teams are really down and playing a lot of young players. They should be better next year.  Last year this district was better than the Beech district. That is not the case this year and most years. It will be interesting to see how this plays out for playoffs. Hate it for the players who don't get the chance to play some games but it could be worse.

I think the two regions are very equal this year. Not much difference whatsoever. Beech and Hillsboro are good. Summit and Shelbyville are good. After the top two in each region, it falls off significantly. Gallatin and Page have both taken big drops this year, but I expect both to rebound next year under the new classification/region structure obviously.

1 minute ago, sportsguy22 said:

I think the two regions are very equal this year. Not much difference whatsoever. Beech and Hillsboro are good. Summit and Shelbyville are good. After the top two in each region, it falls off significantly. Gallatin and Page have both taken big drops this year, but I expect both to rebound next year under the new classification/region structure obviously.

I can see that but I've seen some teams from both district play and the lower half of Beechs district seems to be more competitive and has better players all around. Lincoln only has the QB, Franklin county is young and has gotten better but not there yet, and Columbia just has a good defense but can't score. It will be interesting to see how that Summit district shakes out. 

1 minute ago, ItsFootball said:

I can see that but I've seen some teams from both district play and the lower half of Beechs district seems to be more competitive and has better players all around. Lincoln only has the QB, Franklin county is young and has gotten better but not there yet, and Columbia just has a good defense but can't score. It will be interesting to see how that Summit district shakes out. 

Could be true. Hillwood is the wild card. We know Gallatin has its issues. So, the argument is whether Hillwood and/or Gallatin are better than Page. Not real sure. May be a toss up? I agree about Columbia, Franklin County, and Lincoln County. Below average teams that have loads of weaknesses and maybe one or two positives. 

Will be interesting to see how Page fairs against Franklin tomorrow night.   Franklin is an average 6A school but would be a very good 5A School that did beat Summit.   I know it may not be a fair evaluation with both teams only having 24 hours to prepare.  I do think Page has done one heck of a job improving this season.  Sport even said they would struggle to not to finish last in the region (or something to that account) earlier this year.  

The part I hate the most for every team,  no matter the region, is that it wasn't settled on the field. Webb is a tremendous weapon for LC and you never know. Shelbyville could have beaten Summit and Hillsboro beaten Gallatin. But the best teams will rise and it will all play itself out in the playoffs. Hopefully there isn't a team hit with covid/contact tracing in the playoffs. But with the way things are going I imagine it will eventually get someone. 

• Like 1