Mcminn Cherokees @ Bradley Bears

TnBear

30 minutes ago, Martymcfly said:

Question for Bradley fans - this game is a big rivalry game for McMinn and regardless of how good either team is, we always circle this one on the calendar.  Is it the same way for Bradley?  I think I may have heard before that the rivalry in this one isn't as big a deal for Bradley as it is for McMinn.  Wasn't sure if there's any truth in that - thought I'd ask.

With Cleveland and Walker Valley being around, the Mcminn game kinda gets pushed off to the side. We do care that it's like the 2nd or 3rd longest "rivalry" that has been played. That's bout it. Some strange reason, our coaches circles the "Maryville" game on the calendar for us :?

20 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

Is Bradley offense as good as advertised?  If so, can McMinns D put them in check?  For me, this is the biggest question.  I know McMinn used several players both ways against Maryville, and I thought they did a great job defensively on Friday.  McMinn has a strong defensive front.  I have watched McMinn quite a bit this year, but have not seen Bradley.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  

Bradley’s O is very good. Burke is a speed demon and they have good WRs. I thought McMinn’s defense did very good against Maryville, the offense just couldnt score. I think Bradley has to score 30 to win this game.

Edited by clevelandblueraiderfan

17 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

Is Bradley offense as good as advertised?  If so, can McMinns D put them in check?  For me, this is the biggest question.  I know McMinn used several players both ways against Maryville, and I thought they did a great job defensively on Friday.  McMinn has a strong defensive front.  I have watched McMinn quite a bit this year, but have not seen Bradley.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  

It is as advertised, but without Burke behind center, it isn't as like it should be. On the other hand, Burkes brother and the WR are very good. I'm looking forward to see if Mcminn can stop Burke as well. Bradley can score quick at times. 

Just now, DaBears1976 said:

It is as advertised, but without Burke behind center, it isn't as like it should be. On the other hand, Burkes brother and the WR are very good. I'm looking forward to see if Mcminn can stop Burke as well. Bradley can score quick at times. 

That offense with Burke under center would have been scary good. Kid is a playmaker.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, DaBears1976 said:

is that Burke is completely cleared to play? But his future college coaches asking him not to? That's sad if so

Edited by TnBear

1 minute ago, TnBear said:

Sad thing is that Burke is completely medically cleared to play. But his future college coaches asked him not to. That's sad actually. 

I knew this, but wasn't gonna say anything. It's the young mans choice. Either way, hope he succeeds, but would have loved to have seen him play his senior year.  

1 minute ago, DaBears1976 said:

I knew this, but wasn't gonna say anything. It's the young mans choice. Either way, hope he succeeds, but would have loved to have seen him play his senior year.  

The way he was slinging the ball Friday night on the field before the game it wasn't hard to see he was 100%. Kid was was throwing 60 yards bombs with ease. It's was not unnoticed but yes it's his decision. 

3 hours ago, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

Bradley has done much better than I imagined they would without him. I was a little down on them after the WV game, but they have adjusted well without him and are getting better. They will be a tough out in the playoffs until/when they meet The Rebs.

cbrf eye thawt tha yung QB did a goodur job managin' and gettin' tha bawl whur hit neaded two bee agin us.....Brite fewchure imo....:popcorneater: