Lewis Co host Forrest for the Reg Championship

ddaddy

29 minutes ago, Salem said:

If they lose to E Hickman at home  and finish with 3 straight losses there has to be a coaching change.  On another thread it was stated that Cascade has scored 26 points in 4 region games. They scored 17 @ Forrest.  We’ve taken the field 9 times this year where we were even or better physically than the other team our record is 5-4 on the field that shouldn’t be acceptable to the powers that be. 

if coherent folks ran the lions club and AD id say of course u are correct. unfortunately, its a crap show over there. their best athletes in a lifetime have come and gone. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

finally watching some of this game. lewis is slooowwwwww. nothing like the last 3 years. a shell of their former selves. Forrest is dead meat this week against Waverly.  

Lewis has an outstanding back I heard. Mr. Football candidate. 

Edited by Sidelinehustler

"Class 2A Mr. Football hopeful Blake Carroll was a one-man wrecking crew for the Panthers as the junior standout ran for 60 yards, caught one pass for 21 yards, threw the only touchdown pass of the game, played outstanding at cornerback with a late game interception, ran back all the kicks, punted, kicked off, and booted the extra point after the Lewis County touchdown"

https://www.marshalltribune.com/story/2845980.html

1 hour ago, Cowtown said:

Yes that night they were quite a bit slower than normal, here I go making excuses but the field was pretty wet that night. 

We were definitely off against Forrest. I'm not making excuses either. Something wasn't there. However, like I've suspected all season, Forrest is much better than either the General or Salem give them credit for. They've played as much against themselves as they have everyone else, plus with Micah taking that lick early, that stuff weighs on a team. Waverly will have all they want Friday, as will we. Frosty knows how to hit you in the mouth and make you earn it. Good luck to Forrest this week.

Edited by Sweathog55

13 minutes ago, Sweathog55 said:

We were definitely off against Forrest. I'm not making excuses either. Something wasn't there. However, like I've  suspected all season, Forrest is much better than either the General or Salem give them credit for. They've played as much against themselves as they have everyone else, plus with Micah taking that lick early, that stuff weighs on a team. Waverly will have all they want Friday, as will we. Frosty knows how to hit you in the mouth and make you earn it. Good luck to Forrest this week.

pretty sound stuff. good job. 

1 hour ago, Sweathog55 said:

We were definitely off against Forrest. I'm not making excuses either. Something wasn't there. However, like I've suspected all season, Forrest is much better than either the General or Salem give them credit for. 

We try to stay realistic and honest at least half of the time. Our defense is solid. One middle LB is outstanding. We have a good kicker. Our offense, clock management, in game adjustments, and other important issues for a team to play to its potential are rightly questioned.