Region 6-3A Championship Game: Fairview @ Stewart County

BoardHater71

23 hours ago, FVJackets said:

Congrats to SC.  The Jackets were completely out coached.  The inability to make changes shows volumes.  

SC was better prepared, had better motivation, better game plan and made in game changes as needed, 

I must chime in.  How do you know Fairview did not make in games adjustments?  As a former coach, I made a ton of in game adjustments that sometimes the kids just cannot make for whatever reason.  Most of the time, when you make changes in game, it bites you in the tail because it looks good on the white board, but the kids may not be able to do it.  It can be as simple as a blocking technique.  If I had to bet, I am sure the FHS staff made "changes" at some point to create a spark.  It may have not worked.  Off my rant chair now.  Good luck to all teams in the playoffs and to the teams who may play an "extra" game this week on a Thursday night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ocac said:

I must chime in.  How do you know Fairview did not make in games adjustments?  As a former coach, I made a ton of in game adjustments that sometimes the kids just cannot make for whatever reason.  Most of the time, when you make changes in game, it bites you in the tail because it looks good on the white board, but the kids may not be able to do it.  It can be as simple as a blocking technique.  If I had to bet, I am sure the FHS staff made "changes" at some point to create a spark.  It may have not worked.  Off my rant chair now.  Good luck to all teams in the playoffs and to the teams who may play an "extra" game this week on a Thursday night.

It's not me that you quoted here but I feel compelled to chime in too. Probably not with the same intent as you. 

This was the most embarrassing, inexcusable loss since @Page 2012. 

Our team even leaves the field with not even lifting their helmets to the winning team.  

Heck we also had an undressed player on the sideline that was cussing our players and then SC players after the game and even went on the field after one of their players only to be tacked by one of our coaches and drug off the field.  

It was a bad night for Fairview.  

2 minutes ago, FVJackets said:

Our team even leaves the field with not even lifting their helmets to the winning team.  

Heck we also had an undressed player on the sideline that was cussing our players and then SC players after the game and even went on the field after one of their players only to be tacked by one of our coaches and drug off the field.  

Glad I wasnt there. Not the outcome anyone expected but hopefully a wake up call. Can't imagine this senior groups high school career ending like this... Something ain't right. 

On 10/27/2020 at 8:53 AM, CheathamMan01 said:

I've seen both of these teams play this season. Let's just be real honest... Stewart co has a couple of players and their team plays hard, but Stewart is a 2nd rate program with a 3rd rate coaching staff.

I expect Fairview will have the clock running in the 2nd half this week,  and Stewarts season will be over after next week.

CheathamMan, that 3rd rate coaching staff you speak of looked to have their guys ready to go last Friday night.  Hopefully, they will do the same against Stratford.

42 minutes ago, Fan15 said:

CheathamMan, that 3rd rate coaching staff you speak of looked to have their guys ready to go last Friday night.  Hopefully, they will do the same against Stratford.

They certainly did. 

Good luck on Friday! Hope the Rebels keep it going. We'd love the opportunity to play you again in the playoffs. 

On 11/2/2020 at 2:17 PM, ocac said:

Amen!  I think people forget it is the KIDS who actually play the game.  And I emphasize KIDS!  Those are pretty much 16-18 year old young men, who contrary to popular belief, are still very immature in their control of emotions and thinking - even the super mature ones.  Anyone who has coached knows making in game adjustments does not always work, in any sport.  Add that to a team who literally has not been challenged in the Region in 10 years makes for a "bad night for Fairview".  Finally, anyone who has ever coached would know, as a coach all you think about after a game like that is "what would I have done differently".  I don't know any coach who walks away from a game like that not thinking that.

On 11/2/2020 at 4:36 PM, FVJackets said:

Man  that is unlike ya'll.  I dunno about that helmet thing... We never done it ourselves might be a coaches rule. It is sportsman like.

On 11/2/2020 at 4:36 PM, FVJackets said:

So you going to bash the entire team for one player’s action? Sounds like the coach stopped something before it got out of hand. Unfortunately teenagers make bad decisions.

We have scrimmaged Fairview for many years and never had issues with the players or staff. It is always a physical scrimmage where both teams get after it.

Earlier you wanted coaches fired from a staff that has produced 4 straight region titles until getting knocked off by Stewart Co.

Like someone said earlier you sound like some daddy whose boy is not getting playing time. You sound far from a fan of the team, maybe you should put in your application to coach.

Good luck Yellow Jackets!! Marshall Co will be rooting for you as we travel to Macon County.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1