Playoff 2A (the east)

biggest

On 10/27/2020 at 9:40 AM, uknoit2 said:

Exactly.....I'm wondering If HV gives SG a fit THIS Friday at HV.

HV has nothing to lose and SG can't be beat; Usually makes for a dandy conf atmosphere 

i know hampton is pulling for hv to win to get a share of the conference title.  could happen

11 hours ago, Spike016 said:

They just have 1 player I’m told :roflolk:

That's it! ONE!

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

If Rockwood gets best by HV, then I have severely underestimated your region.

In this region, the tide turns in our favor about every 5 to 7 years....For a year or two we have "that" team capable, talented and disciplined enuf to go deep in the playoffs. In 2012/13 season, we had some studs expelled the night before our first playoff game. Looked like another one-n-done, weak 1A team again when, in fact, they could play with any team in the state. Region-1 ain't really as weak as is seems to you boys down there LOL. But, when we fall short, it usually has to do with a injury; just one. The latest example of that was our 2015/16 team vs Marion in the semis. We are swinging up right now and have the pieces...That can change tomorrow....Is what it is with these small schools here in the sticks.

Edited by uknoit2

4 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

That's it! ONE!

In this region, the tide turns in our favor about every 5 to 7 years....For a year or two we have "that" team capable, talented and disciplined enuf to go deep in the playoffs. In 2012/13 season, we had some studs expelled the night before our first playoff game. Looked like another one-n-done, weak 1A team again when, in fact, those starters could play with any team in the state. Region-1 ain't really as weak as is seems to you boys down there LOL. But, when we fall short, it usually has to do with a injury; just one. The latest example of that was our 2015/16 team vs Marion in the semis. We are swinging up right now and have the pieces...That can change tomorrow....Is what it is with these small schools here in the sticks.

It's not that I think your necessarily weak, Its that since the short time I've been a Meigs fan we have had more wins from region 2 vs region 1 in the playoffs. But according you what your saying it's a cycle I guess. Anyhow it's getting near the end of the cycle according to your post lol. I believe the playoffs will be fun. The best I've seen HV was in 17. The best SG team we faced was last years team. SG looks better this year for sure. I havent seen Cosby or Hampton in person in that timeframe.

Edited by Imthayeti

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

It's not that I think your necessarily weak, Its that since the short time I've been a Meigs fan we have had more wins from region 2 vs region 1 in the playoffs. But according you what your saying it's a cycle I guess. Anyhow it's getting near the end of the cycle according to your post lol. I believe the playoffs will be fun. The best I've seen HV was in 17. The best SG team was last years team. I havent seen Cosby or Hampton in that timeframe.

I think next year and year after will be our better teams in this cycle. We will see.

You fellers, down that way, have to also consider that HV and Hampton (Cland too) lost some dang STUDS to Elizabethton the last few years! I'm talking a top 25, nationally, 4A player of the year that was at Hampton thru Jr High! Then there's their QB (HV kid) and some linemen also that would have made us and HV extremely dangerous the last couple seasons. We just come with what we got and let the chips fall where they may.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

I think next year and year after will be our better teams in this cycle. We will see.

You fellers, down that way, have to also consider that HV and Hampton (Cland too) lost some dang STUDS to Elizabethton the last few years! I'm talking a top 25, nationally, 4A player of the year that was at Hampton thru Jr High! Then there's their QB (HV kid) and some linemen also that would have made us and HV extremely dangerous the last couple seasons. We just come with what we got and let the chips fall where they may.

Really! If the one at Elizabethton plus the 3 at Hampton CLand would of had a pretty good team this year.

16 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Y’all need to $pay$ more...

1 minute ago, Appvol said:

Really! If the one at Elizabethton plus the 3 at Hampton CLand would of had a pretty good team this year.

Yea! CM plays a bit for us and I like the kid a lot...Not sure about the other two you and not sure which of the 3 are considered impact players at this point...If one of em you refer to is Pujo's boy, you can't hardly include him LOL. You add back a Hughes or Rollins to HV and Hampton, totally different looking teams.