Job openings

SSHawks12

1 minute ago, workinprogress said:

Rankin is a great coach but Alcoa was good before he got there. Even Riverdale was decent before he got there. Sure he improved both but it's not like he built them from the ground up. 

No doubt, all Rankin did for Alcoa was bring consistency, they were good before him I want to say they won a few titles the years before he got their correct? Now they would win a championship then got like 5-5 or something the following year but they were still State Chmpions.

Coach Rankin's best coaching jobs were probably his years at Warren County and Smith County.  Coach Rankin has a unique ability to see thru the cracks at what programs can be successful before diving in and also be able to know when to leave.  No one can deny his ability to get the most out of the kids he has on his roster.  Because of that, parents want their kids playing for him and are willing to make sacrifices to see that happen.  I keep waiting for him to "retire" from public education and take on a private job or out of state job, but why do that when you have the best gig in the state?  

2 hours ago, ocac said:

Coach Rankin's best coaching jobs were probably his years at Warren County and Smith County.  Coach Rankin has a unique ability to see thru the cracks at what programs can be successful before diving in and also be able to know when to leave.  No one can deny his ability to get the most out of the kids he has on his roster.  Because of that, parents want their kids playing for him and are willing to make sacrifices to see that happen.  I keep waiting for him to "retire" from public education and take on a private job or out of state job, but why do that when you have the best gig in the state?  

He is already retired. On partial day as it is.

9 hours ago, BigGuy11 said:

I saw where Portland High School fired Coach Cavanah as he went 20-53 in 7 season. Just curious who you guys think might also get fired / resign this off season or if its your school if you think they should be let go of? 

Portland is now 5A for the next 2 years.  They suck and won't win a game in 5A.  They wanna keep living off the past.  It's a terrible job.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, flyintheointment2019 said:

Portland is now 5A for the next 2 years.  They suck and won't win a game in 5A.  They wanna keep living off the past.  It's a terrible job.

I agree, They will get a few wins a season scheduling down but I seriously doubt they win a 5A game in he next two years. Which is sad, because it was a pretty good job in the past. 

3 hours ago, BigGuy11 said:

I agree, They will get a few wins a season scheduling down but I seriously doubt they win a 5A game in he next two years. Which is sad, because it was a pretty good job in the past. 

It was a good job 20 years ago when they had a hall of fame coach as their principal and he made it a priority. When he retired, Perry left. They have been through how many coaches since then?

Humboldt is open as well as their coach resigned after their upset win over Dresden. That job might be tough to fill, playing in 1a you will soon have to go through Peabody, LC, Dresden, Greenfield, etc. depending on the regions. Seems like a lot of potential coaches might shy away from that.