Playoffs - Round One - Oak Ridge vs Soddy Daisy

CardinalGrey

5 hours ago, EagleVolSteeler said:

Our Rhea County crowd and support is disappointing. There is no cheer or enthusiasm. Crowd size for Fulton game was the lowest of the year with gorgeous fall football weather in the low 50s. I just think it is a trend overall everywhere. The town doesn't shut down as in years' past. People have other plans. Kids have moved on and parents that were once at every game - don't support. Former players rarely show up. ---Let's put it this way - No one will be expanding stadiums anytime soon. 

This is a crazy year.  Some, like me, with immune systems that are not up to par and with the rising cases in our county, are supporting but from home listening to the radio.  Normally I would be there with several other family members, but we have opted out from attending not only the high school games but UT games as well.  Too many in the immediate family that have compromised immune systems.

This would have been a good year to have the streaming like we used to have.  

Don't confuse lack of attendance as lack of support especially this year.

20 hours ago, oridgecat said:

I hope some of our "fans' drive down to Rhea Co. to support our team.  It's a tough place to come out of with a win.  Tonight was a hard to come by home playoff game, most likely the last time our seniors will play at the Ship. The "home crowd" was lame, Old, cold, and quiet.  smdh.  I look forward to the trip to Spring City.  If I'm not mistaken, the farthest we've gone this year is to West.  It's win or go home now and the real fans will be there.  Let's Go Cats. 

I will be there.Go Cats

13 hours ago, bounder said:

Don't know if you all noticed it or not but before the game they played replays on Soddy Daisy games, course all wins for us. They ran that thing 4 or 5 times ( once or twice would have been enough) and the Soddy players and coaches stood and watched. They were talking about it going into the locker room after warm ups. You can bet the coaches let them know how tacky that was. Probably why they played so hard in the 1st quarter. 

Some of us fans in the stands were kinda upset about it too. Some of us old codgers in the north end of the "upper deck" for instance.. Don't need to give opponents "bulletin board material". Course don't need to worry about it until next year now, but it's something to remember and talk about before doing it again next year.

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL 

Didnt bother me at all.I love getting to see the highlights and remembering past games.Soddy may have come out fired up because we have ended their season for what seems like the last 10 years.I would have a way bigger problem with our team coming out flat in a playoff game.Maybe they need to see more from the past to understand what the standard should always be at Oak Ridge

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

Told you bro.  1000 per cent.

Anyway  we will be at Rhea.  I know that you and our real fans will be there.  These kids deserve our support.  Let's go get this win. Go Cats 

Lol.I'm ready and will see you there.Our fans do better on road so let's hope they show up because your right the kids do deserve it.RWR