Powell @ Walker Valley 1st Round

Rhea Co.

2 hours ago, Bump11 said:

this is karma for that game. Powell thought they were big and bad, talked a load of crap, and taunted Beech during and after the game they were extremely unsportsmanlike toward Beech at the end of the game, something like i’ve never seen before. blatant disrespect and awful..AWFUL sportsmanship. as far as i’m concerned they got what they had coming to them. Have fun watching from the couch. 

I'm shocked by this score but they get that attitude from their coaches. I can't believe Walker Valley is better than Powell with respect to athletes, but Powell probably spent more time talking smack and turning the ball over than they did playing good old fashioned football. I guess the coach from Powell really has "sumtoprove" now, or whatever the heck he tweets all the time! LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

Potts is excellent, and is gonna be even more excellent, but his lack of experience has shown through the past few weeks with some critical INTs, in both tonight’s game and the OR game. No doubt the kid is gonna be great though. Not sure what you’re talking about ORDT, because he has some of the best footwork around. His pocket presence is unreal for a kid his age. Trust me, I’m not the biggest Powell fan around, but I know talent when I see it and the young kid has IT.

Now he has sumtoprove! LOL

7 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Thanks, Num. I know folks don't care for Lowe and his team's antics, but he cares a great deal about these kids, like most good coaches do. I just hope they were humbled a bit tonight. 

This team reminds me a lot of Lowe's 2009 squad, which was loaded with a ton of sophomores that played that season. The leap they made from 2009 to 2010 was incredible. If this team can grow up front defensively, and find another RB to pair with Stockton, they will be a tough out in 2021 and 2022.

Lowe’s a good guy personally, he rubs people wrong because he carries the arrogance I’m (we) are about to beat you. He relates to the kids, all of them. He coaches like he played, 1000%. He does not lack confidence, just needs to get the old ball first. It eluded him as a player and now a coach. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, bonkers said:

I'm shocked by this score but they get that attitude from their coaches. I can't believe Walker Valley is better than Powell with respect to athletes, but Powell probably spent more time talking smack and turning the ball over than they did playing good old fashioned football. I guess the coach from Powell really has "sumtoprove" now, or whatever the heck he tweets all the time! LOL

Powell definitely has better athletes over all, no question about that. WV was more physical though. Our D is still the best I have seen all year and will flat ball hawk. Powell had 5 turnovers... 4 interceptions and a fumble (they actually fumbled it twice more but recovered). Bottom line though is that Powell is not that well coached and it showed. 

Edited by Rockytopmojo7

1 hour ago, Rockytopmojo7 said:

Powell definitely has better athletes over all, no question about that. WV was more physical though. Our D is still the best I have seen all year and will flat ball hawk. Powell had 5 turnovers... 4 interceptions and a fumble (they actually fumbled it twice more but recovered). Bottom line though is that Powell is not that well coached and it showed. 

The best you have seen all year and have 2 losses?? Something doesn’t add up there. 

• Upvote 1