Class 6A Playoffs Round 1 - Warren Co. @ Mt. Juliet

PIONEERS12

14 hours ago, workinprogress said:

I'm going with MJ in a close game. I think the MJ defense will keep the talented RB in check for the most part. He will still get his yards but im thinking it comes down to to the 4th quarter and MJ gets a stop when it's needed. 

Mt Juliet is beat up and has lost games due to their mistakes. This team has not played to its full capability yet this season. They can strike quick on offense, but they can't come undone between the ears when adversity strikes. If they just stop putting the ball on the ground and make clean throws and keep the chains moving they can win. 

Edited by GBEAR85

46 minutes ago, GBEAR85 said:

Mt Juliet is beat up and has lost games due to their mistakes. This team has not played to its full capability yet this season. They can strike quick on offense, but they can't come undone between the ears when adversity strikes. If they just stop putting the ball on the ground and make clean throws and keep the chains moving they can win. 

I don’t think you have actually been to a game with that assumption. This is the worst Oline MJ has had in the last several years, on top of having a QB that has thrown something like a 6/11 TD to Int ratio. Rbs haven’t been finding any holes other than Sowell. Our defense will look unstoppable and then bam.... the opposition breaks off a long one. The things I have just mentioned have been far more consistent  compared to successes. I will agree they have the potential to play with top teams but from coaching to the kids... it just hasn’t happened yet. 

***must be noted our starting left tackle has been out since game 1( I have no idea where he went or how he was injured) also our starting LB is out for the remainder of the season. Two crucial positions.

17 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I don’t think you have actually been to a game with that assumption. This is the worst Oline MJ has had in the last several years, on top of having a QB that has thrown something like a 6/11 TD to Int ratio. Rbs haven’t been finding any holes other than Sowell. Our defense will look unstoppable and then bam.... the opposition breaks off a long one. The things I have just mentioned have been far more consistent  compared to successes. I will agree they have the potential to play with top teams but from coaching to the kids... it just hasn’t happened yet. 

***must be noted our starting left tackle has been out since game 1( I have no idea where he went or how he was injured) also our starting LB is out for the remainder of the season. Two crucial positions.

Has Green Hill opening affected any of MJ's depth?

5 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Very much so, just by looking from the sideline we are down 30-40 players on the roster. Also we are making the move to 5a and we are well within the 5a threshold. We lost quite a Bit.

I figured so. I was surprised how far down MJ's enrollment was. They're closer to the 4A/5A line than 5A/6A

1 hour ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Very much so, just by looking from the sideline we are down 30-40 players on the roster. Also we are making the move to 5a and we are well within the 5a threshold. We lost quite a Bit.

Lol so it was “Green Hill has our 4th and 5th string, they won’t win a game”

Now you’re claiming Green Hill took players? People aren’t talking 4th/5th string When they’re asking about depth I don’t think.

Just now, Jokur said:

Now you’re claiming Green Hill took players? People aren’t talking 4th/5th string When they’re asking about depth I don’t think.

If they were "4th and 5th string" , GH wouldn't have won 5 games. You have a net loss of 40 players in a off-season, it's going to matter. Not once did he say they took players

7 minutes ago, Jokur said:

Y’all definitely have a few guys that would have played on MJ Varsity this year. As a matter of fact I know of one on your defense that had reps also on of your Rbs that’s a sophomore. What does it matter anyway, y’all still suck lol Imagine having a “playoff” game against WHITE COUNTY....

Quit being obsessed with your Father school. No one in this county has beaten us for 12 years.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

4 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Y’all definitely have a few guys that would have played on MJ Varsity this year. As a matter of fact I know of one on your defense that had reps also on of your Rbs that’s a sophomore. What does it matter anyway, y’all still suck lol Imagine having a “playoff” game against WHITE COUNTY....

Quit being obsessed with your Father school. No one in this county has beaten us for 12 years.

You’re as clueless as it gets. I’ve been to several GH games and listened to the rest on the radio. None of their RB’s are sophomores.