Walker Valley at West

WestHigh4Life

25 minutes ago, guthook said:

And West won the year before that so Knoxville takes 5 of the last 6?  Have to say that's more truth than propaganda.

Other than central - who else on my list has won in 5A over that timeframe? Don’t take my comments out of context.  Never said we couldn’t play ball here, what I said Is there was a lot of talk this year that It was Powell, Oak Ridge - no it’s West’s - but no real thoughts given to anyone outside.  Point being - have we sold other teams and regions short?  

22 minutes ago, MeritIII said:

Other than central - who else on my list has won in 5A over that timeframe? Don’t take my comments out of context.  Never said we couldn’t play ball here, what I said Is there was a lot of talk this year that It was Powell, Oak Ridge - no it’s West’s - but no real thoughts given to anyone outside.  Point being - have we sold other teams and regions short?  

The other Knoxville teams were Farragut and Catholic.  They're in different divisions now, but won as a 5a.  

4 minutes ago, Rockytopmojo7 said:

Serious question, why is the Knoxville area such a hotbed  year in and year out in football (public schools speaking)? 

Good coaching for sure. Also the players are getting more 1 on 1 training outside of regular team actives and competing in national events. I haven’t been out of high school real long and already see the differences. 

I don’t know if you guys are serious or just trying to mess with RTMojo but Walker Valley is legit. I watched both the Bradley Central game and the Rhea County game and Walker Valley had big leads in both games but let them slip away at the end. They are very well coached and playing good football right now.  This may sound nuts but I think the only 5A team left in the East that can beat WV is Knox West (that includes Central). 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RCfan said:

I don’t know if you guys are serious or just trying to mess with RTMojo but Walker Valley is legit. I watched both the Bradley Central game and the Rhea County game and Walker Valley had big leads in both games but let them slip away at the end. They are very well coached and playing good football right now.  This may sound nuts but I think the only 5A team left in the East that can beat WV is Knox West (that includes Central). 

yeah that’s nuts 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RCfan said:

beneficiary of 5 turnovers and somehow only beat em by 5 points?  You done lost your mind.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RCfan said:

RCFAN for the win!!

52 minutes ago, guthook said:

beneficiary of 5 turnovers and somehow only beat em by 5 points?  You done lost your mind.

I have to agree with this logic. As good as I expected the WV offense to be, they should’ve beat Powell down with that many turnovers. And the truth is, West is a totally different animal than Powell could even think of being this year. 

Edited by KnoxPhoto