3rd Moore Co at Fayetteville

DiamondRaider11

7 minutes ago, Raider2021 said:

Just curious why did they transfer before. Was coaching staff the same?

I don't know their individual situations, but the coaches did all change on both sides. Coach Palmer was wrapping up at Fayetteville when they all decided to go to LC, where Tim Johnson (1982 state championship MVP) was coaching. Johnson had some mid-season controversy last season, was suspended, and then left for good. Meanwhile, Coach Morson had taken over at City and immediately made the program far better than it was under Palmer, going undefeated on the field last season while getting several players to play again who had quit under Palmer.

So, it's not surprising a kid would want to back to a program in the rise that appears to have a shot at championships in the future. Fayetteville wasn't living up to its potential before last season, so it's not likely to lose many kids to LC now that is. LC has only sporadically been competitive in the last 25 years now, even less so in the last 10-15. Presently, City pretty clearly has the best chance to win big in football,  or in basketball for that matter. LC has a shot at building a heck of a baseball program, though.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, GG22 said:

I don't know their individual situations, but the coaches did all change on both sides. Coach Palmer was wrapping up at Fayetteville when they all decided to go to LC, where Tim Johnson (1982 state championship MVP) was coaching. Johnson had some mid-season controversy last season, was suspended, and then left for good. Meanwhile, Coach Morson had taken over at City and immediately made the program far better than it was under Palmer, going undefeated on the field last season while getting several players to play again who had quit under Palmer.

So, it's not surprising a kid would want to back to a program in the rise that appears to have a shot at championships in the future. Fayetteville wasn't living up to its potential before last season, so it's not likely to lose many kids to LC now that is. LC has only sporadically been competitive in the last 25 years now, even less so in the last 10-15. Presently, City pretty clearly has the best chance to win big in football,  or in basketball for that matter. LC has a shot at building a heck of a baseball program, though.

I remember #1 playing against us in middle school and he was a stud very hard to bring down

1 hour ago, Raider2021 said:

I remember #1 playing against us in middle school and he was a stud very hard to bring down

He did very well in 8th grade, quarterbacking Fayetteville middle school to their second undefeated season in a row (90 % sure on that). Of course it didn't hurt that he was a lot bigger than most of the kids back then.

3 hours ago, GG22 said:

I would agree that what you say to this is very accurate.  I would differ in that LC players and coaches and even regular citizens of this county trying to reinvent and relive their glory days of high school football from the 70's and early 80's still ask/cajole/pressure/insinuate/shame City players to "go across the river".  They tell them that if they transfer oh what heights they could reach.  I also wouldn't be surprised in the least if any of our region opponents weren't reaching out  to our young players as well, dangling that sack with the magic beans in it in front of them.   Oh how much better you would do at our school instead of little 'ol City!   We'll get you the Mr. Football title if you come over here.  Blah blah blah.

In my opinion, big brother Trey was promised the moon and the starts and little brother Andre, having just graduated 8th grade, wanted to go as well.  LC didn't come close to delivering, and then there were the issues w/ the then head coach. By that time, they had been rostered and got some playing time minutes through the season--enough that they had to sit out all of this season upon transferring back, and became eligible just a few weeks ago at the end of the regular season.  Same situation I believe with Kevarious Divens as far as playing time and sit out time.  I'm pretty sure both families requested a waiver or release for them to play sooner than this, but were denied so had to sit.  But to all of their credit, they have been productive, supportive leaders in the weight room, locker room, and practice field, (impatiently) biding their time to step back on the field and play with their Tiger brothers.

Edited by Varo
misspelled name
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Varo said:

I would agree that what you say to this is very accurate.  I would differ in that LC players and coaches and even regular citizens of this county trying to reinvent and relive their glory days of high school football from the 70's and early 80's still ask/cajole/pressure/insinuate/shame City players to "go across the river".  They tell them that if they transfer oh what heights they could reach.  I also wouldn't be surprised in the least if any of our region opponents weren't reaching out  to our young players as well, dangling that sack with the magic beans in it in front of them.   Oh how much better you would do at our school instead of little 'ol City!   We'll get you the Mr. Football title if you come over here.  Blah blah blah.

In my opinion, big brother Trey was promised the moon and the starts and little brother Andre, having just graduated 8th grade, wanted to go as well.  LC didn't come close to delivering, and then there were the issues w/ the then head coach. By that time, they had been rostered and got some playing time minutes through the season--enough that they had to sit out all of this season upon transferring back, and became eligible just a few weeks ago at the end of the regular season.  Same situation I believe with Kevarious Divens as far as playing time and sit out time.  I'm pretty sure both families requested a waiver or release for them to play sooner than this, but were denied so had to sit.  But to all of their credit, they have been productive, supportive leaders in the weight room, locker room, and practice field, (impatiently) biding their time to step back on the field and play with their Tiger brothers.

Did they have to set out anytime when they transferred to LC? 

Just now, Salem said:

Transfers are something you have to get used to if you have a successful program and good coaches. These schools have both. I suspect MC will have skill guys beating their doors down after this year. 

As long as they move and fulfill all transfer requirements, that would be good. We only have 1 school in the county so they won’t be able to just swap back and forth. 

27 minutes ago, Salem said:

Transfers are something you have to get used to if you have a successful program and good coaches. These schools have both. I suspect MC will have skill guys beating their doors down after this year. 

Is Fayetteville’s QB a former MC guy?

Moore county kids younger brother