Meigs Tiger vs South Greene Rebels

Meeru

35 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Yea, school board made sure it was dead. Couldn't be on field nor facilities. When a few tried to meet at local parks to work , they were reported. Few did want to work and did so at home. But that'll only get you so far 

What I mentioned earlier about some of the Meigs players was them working out on their own at home. One of the player's Mothers posted pictures of him running, etc. when they were on vacation over the Summer. He and a few other also worked out lifting weights at their home.  Very few players have the dedication to maintain that with everything else going on around them.

3 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

What I mentioned earlier about some of the Meigs players was them working out on their own at home. One of the player's Mothers posted pictures of him running, etc. when they were on vacation over the Summer. He and a few other also worked out lifting weights at their home.  Very few players have the dedication to maintain that with everything else going on around them.

Some of ours did too but it's not hardly the same

12 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Some of ours did too but it's not hardly the same

Dedicated to getting faster and stronger on your own is physically and mentally rewarding, and it shows on the field. 
My high school coach played for ARMY, and he had a saying I'll never forget, "While you're sitting on your butt, somewhere out there is someone busting their butt, and when you to meet on the field of battle he'll kick your butt!"

Edited by blitzinbuc

5 minutes ago, pujo said:

Very few have needed equipment at home, they also need instruction and most parents don't know much about it. A few are more blessed than others. 

Fact

Too many just don't care tho 

1 minute ago, blitzinbuc said:

Dedicated to getting faster and stronger on your own is physically and mentally rewarding, and it shows on the field. 
My high school coach played for ARMY, and he had a saying I'll never forget, "While you're sitting on your ####, somewhere out there is someone busting their ####, and when you to meet on the field of battle he'll kick your ####!"

Also Fact

5 minutes ago, pujo said:

Very few have needed equipment at home, they also need instruction and most parents don't know much about it. A few are more blessed than others. 

It really doesn't take a lot of equipment.  Knowledge can come from the strength coach, and it's legal for a player to talk to their coaches about areas for self improvement.  The question is, how much does a player really desire to improve and are they dedicated enough to do it?

3 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

My high school coach played for ARMY, and he had a saying I'll never forget, "While you're sitting on your butt, somewhere out there is someone busting their butt, and when you to meet on the field of battle he'll kick your butt!"

My favorite is, winners make a habit of doing what losers won't do. Winners don't love it but they just know what it takes. That mentality follows you through life.

10 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

It really doesn't take a lot of equipment.  Knowledge can come from the strength coach, and it's legal for a player to talk to their coaches about areas for self improvement.  The question is, how much does a player really desire to improve and are they dedicated enough to do it?

Most kids are not self motivated, parents has to instill it, its not goody goody, I get to work my rear end off. Same thing in the classroom  or anything else. Kids have to have leaders. 

9 minutes ago, pujo said:

My favorite is, winners make a habit of doing what losers won't do. Winners don't love it but they just know what it takes. That mentality follows you through life.

That's a true statement! 
I didn't have barbells at home when I was playing, so my Dad took some different size metal buckets and poured concrete in them with a metal bar for weightlifting. We had no idea what they weighed but I would find the one I could lift and do several reps with them until I was strong enough to move up to the bigger buckets.  My Dad and I made a homemade bench out of wood for bench presses. Dad made a harness out of heavy rope and I'd pull him in his truck up our driveway. 
It's all in the heart of a kid and how much they really want to improve.

15 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

That's a true statement! 
I didn't have barbells at home when I was playing, so my Dad took some different size metal buckets and poured concrete in them with a metal bar for weightlifting. We had no idea what they weighed but I would find the one I could lift and do several reps with them until I was strong enough to move up to the bigger buckets.  My Dad and I made a homemade bench out of wood for bench presses. Dad made a harness out of heavy rope and I'd pull him in his truck up our driveway. 
It's all in the heart of a kid and how much they really want to improve.

Neat story.