TC hosts Meigs on the CREEKBANK!

tcjacket13

13 minutes ago, biggest said:

I don't know much about megis but both these teams  seem to be a hard out! I don't see either team winning by more than 7. It's a  toss up for me. 

Meigs was more suspect to a power run game than most thought they would be. I believe that was the difference in their games with Hampton vs SG. Hampton is a much more physical run first type of team than SG. Then again Meigs has been working on fixing that for a few weeks now, they may have found the combination they’ve been looking for. 

15 minutes ago, biggest said:

I don't know much about megis but both these teams  seem to be a hard out! I don't see either team winning by more than 7. It's a  toss up for me. 

It will likely be a good game. Both teams have fielded very similar caliber defenses the last few years. Offensively this year we are much more dynamic when we need to be.

3 minutes ago, crow said:

Meigs was more suspect to a power run game than most thought they would be. I believe that was the difference in their games with Hampton vs SG. Hampton is a much more physical run first type of team than SG. Then again Meigs has been working on fixing that for a few weeks now, they may have found the combination they’ve been looking for. 

We adjusted some players after the Hampton game and it worked really well. We were easily able to stop SG passing attack with our adjustments and focus on the run. Its why we were able to get up so quick on them. We let off the gas some after we were up 35 and thats when their qb got most of his yards.  He was outstanding at scrambling Ill give him that lol. 

4 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

It will likely be a good game. Both teams have fielded very similar caliber defenses the last few years. Offensively this year we are much more dynamic when we need to be.

Good news is you really just gotta stop 5! Bad news is you gotta stop 5! I'm going try to get in to watch this game.  

Just now, biggest said:

Good news is you really just gotta stop 5! Bad news is you gotta stop 5! I'm going try to get in to watch this game.  

We know it won't be an easy task, but I believe we can do it. We have multiple kids that are threats on offense so honestly It wouldn't surprise me if it was like our 2018 game with them which was fairly high scoring. 32-29 or something like that.

11 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

We adjusted some players after the Hampton game and it worked really well. We were easily able to stop SG passing attack with our adjustments and focus on the run. Its why we were able to get up so quick on them. We let off the gas some after we were up 35 and thats when their qb got most of his yards.  He was outstanding at scrambling Ill give him that lol. 

Yes but I think everyone would still agree that the SG run game isn’t a power game. They like getting people in space and letting them make plays. That doesn’t work against superior athletes. I’m not saying y’all haven’t fixed it, I’m just saying a team with a good power game will let you know if you have or not. Again definitely not a knock on Meigs but nobody is great at everything. Everyone has something they don’t do as well as they do other things. My point is to date a team with a line up and run it at ya style has faired better than a more spread ya out type team has had. 

If recent history is an indicator, then Trousdale would be favored in a a close game.
2018 @ Trousdale:  Trousdale 32 - Meigs 29
2019 @ Meigs:  Meigs 22 - Trousdale 20

Two good teams go at it again for the third year in a row, with the winner advancing to the State Championship Game.  It doesn't get any better than an environment like this.