Region 6-3A 2021 & 2022

BoardHater71

On 7/28/2021 at 11:46 PM, Bigpun54 said:

Think I have read every post and never saw the mention of the huge transfer of Lewis County fullback/linebacker Ethan McCann to Waverly. Sorry to spill the beans Waverly but this guy will have an immediate impact. Him combined with Dooley and the others make for a sound Tiger team. 

No beans to spill. We’re excited for sure. Even without McCann Waverly is stacked. He just adds a whole new level of dynamics. Praying we stay healthy and excited to make some noise in 3A. 

20 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Waverly has benefited from newcomers Ethan McCann (Lewis County) & Jacob and Landon Dooley (Dickson County) joining their football program via the transfer portal the last couple of years.  It's one of those things that is much more common in 2021 than it once was years ago.  All three of their transfers plus Emrick Houston, Curtis Daniel, Kade Anderson, Bryce Stanfield, Ryan Edwards, Ayden Brooks, Hobby Griffin, and Easton Elliott give them a deep and talented roster full of great players.  The Tigers have played in the semifinals several times in recent years and you can really see their fanbase's excitement about their chances this year as they make the move back to 3A.  That season opener at Camden promises to be one of the games to look at in Week One.  I'm sure everyone remembers the war of words that took place all over the CoachT boards last fall.  

Nailed it. Hyped to see the production this year. Having Landon Dooley back from injury is huge. He missed basically entire season last year. Lots to be excited about. I truly believe this is this most talent Waverly football has had skill wise. Yes the big 3, Stanfield, Bradley, and Dixon were fire, but it was just 3 guys. We have about 11 now 

Stewart Co. scrimmages Greenfield 

Fairview scrimmages Marshall Co.

White House scrimmages Smith Co.

White House-Heritage scrimmages Greenbrier 

Sycamore scrimmages East Robertson

Waverly scrimmages East Hickman and Harpeth 

Cheatham Co. scrimmages Jo Byrns 

I look forward to reading how everyone feels about their performances after the first Friday of the preseason this evening.  

Here is a statewide list of preseason scrimmages:

https://www.tnfca.org/2021scrimmages

Edited by howdoitknow

5 hours ago, Trollin said:

Waverly looked sharp and dynamic against both Harpeth and East Hickman tonight. Excited to watch them grow these next few weeks. Season can’t get here soon enough. 

Did ya finally get to take your frustration out against East Hickman after last year forced covid forfeit 

6 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

Did ya finally get to take your frustration out against East Hickman after last year forced covid forfeit 

Ha definitely not as much opportunity as a regular game would have given but it was nice to get some action against them. I’m sure our team enjoyed it