Region 6-3A 2021 & 2022

BoardHater71

8 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Wish I would have had the opportunity to have seen this scrimmage. I can only go off of what I seen on Facebook from friends on there. I think Waverly would have benefited more by just hiring some refs and playing their second string than going and playing these two scrub teams. EH will get drilled by Lewis, Riverside, and The Ville this year. They will probably limp into the playoffs as the fourth seed in 2A this year. The difference in this season is where you would have had one or two game changing players on a team from the last three years you will have 4 or more in 3A. People say there isn’t much difference between 2 and 3A but when the playoffs starts in my opinion there is a huge difference. This will be a very tough season for us but I’m exited to get it started. I seen some things just from the short clips I watched that needs to be fixed and I am confident coaches will get them lined out. 

East is far from a scrub team but time will tell how both teams do. I don’t think any of Waverly team or Coaches felt like they were scrimmaging a scrub. 

7 hours ago, Anonymoustiger said:

This team is similar but there’s a lot of differences as well. One main difference that sticks out to me is the experience. If you remember, which I’m sure you do Bc you’re son was a part of that team, that defense was probably the best this school had seen, and they had experienced upperclassmen on that defense. This defense has, based off the scrimmage, 4 seniors on the defensive side of the ball. Luckily the majority of the youngsters out there on that defense was also on it last year. Of course there’s not a player on this team with the speed of JD or the athletic ability of the other big 2, but as a whole overall, this team has around 10 players that are athletic enough to push this team deep in the playoffs, if the injury bug stays away.

16,17,and 18 were all great teams! This Waverly team is good but in my opinion I don’t think they could play with those teams.

1 hour ago, vandyman1010 said:

I like some healthy smack talk. Lol. I like that you back your team. I’m not a poster or whatever you are referring to. I love Vanderbilt my whole life. It’s a curse I know! I do call it like I see it and I think East will be better than most think. Stewart County over looked them last year and got pounded. I’m hoping Lewis County does the same. Frost does a great job with Riverside but East had their chances with them last year as well. It’s the first scrimmage and lots of things will change by the end of the year not to mention we will deal with Covid again through our football season. Good luck to Waverly. I will say East Hickman may not be the best team but they are not cowards. 

Good post. I do however think that their coach is a coward. He had a chance to play Waverly as scheduled last season. Waverly hadn’t practiced in 2 weeks due to Covid and were cleared to play East Hickman. East Hickman’s coach refused to play and took the Covid W instead. He had a chance to prove himself and EARN a W, instead he chose to be a coward. Waverly has never had an issue with EH. But that incident drew bad blood. It was a cheap, unsportsmanlike way to earn a Region W and get in the playoffs. The went to the first round and got smoked by Forrest 28-7. I was praying they would have won that game so we could get them in the 2nd round. Instead they lost and we smoked Forrest 37-14. I promise you this 2021 team is 10x better than the 2020 team. 3A is tougher region and class but Waverly about to make some haters believe just like they have done for the past 6 years. 

59 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Good post. I do however think that their coach is a coward. He had a chance to play Waverly as scheduled last season. Waverly hadn’t practiced in 2 weeks due to Covid and were cleared to play East Hickman. East Hickman’s coach refused to play and took the Covid W instead. He had a chance to prove himself and EARN a W, instead he chose to be a coward. Waverly has never had an issue with EH. But that incident drew bad blood. It was a cheap, unsportsmanlike way to earn a Region W and get in the playoffs. The went to the first round and got smoked by Forrest 28-7. I was praying they would have won that game so we could get them in the 2nd round. Instead they lost and we smoked Forrest 37-14. I promise you this 2021 team is 10x better than the 2020 team. 3A is tougher region and class but Waverly about to make some haters believe just like they have done for the past 6 years. 

West TN football outside of peabody and lake co is terrible. 

10 minutes ago, Plugged said:

West TN football outside of peabody and lake co is terrible. 

Don’t know what point you are trying to make? But you are way wrong. West TN is loaded with talented teams. We are middle TN. Half teams we play are in west and half in middle. Always been that way 

2 hours ago, vandyman1010 said:

16,17,and 18 were all great teams! This Waverly team is good but in my opinion I don’t think they could play with those teams.

You are 100% correct, outside of the squad Coach  Boldin had his first year, all waverly teams had been good since 2014, very good, and that team wasn’t bad his first year, just a transition to a new head coach thst would be difficult for most teams. To say this waverly team couldn’t play with them may be stretch, like I said, I completely agree with you when you say those 3 teams were great, loaded with dogs all over the field, but this team here has something special, they just gotta put the very few missing pieces in the right spot, and I think they’re right with those 3 teams by the time mid season comes, plus this team is also very young.

5 hours ago, vandyman1010 said:

East is far from a scrub team but time will tell how both teams do. I don’t think any of Waverly team or Coaches felt like they were scrimmaging a scrub. 

That bull crap last year was scrub move my comment was more meant towards the coaches. I’m sure them EH players wanted to play. I know Waverly wanted to also. EH coaches took that from them. I would say good luck this year to y’all but I’d be lying LOL.

I do hope your seniors get to play every game they have scheduled and Covid doesn’t interfere. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1