Region 6-3A 2021 & 2022

BoardHater71

19 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Good news in Waverly. The School Board has elected to reduce their strict Covid Policy. Our boys have a real chance to play every game this year. Comes at a loss as Waverly has already missed 2 preseason scrimmages this year. They were contact tracing any and everyone. The high school looked like a ghost town.  

Glad they jumped on board 

Robertson County made some changes effective today. No more quarantining for contact tracing, especially if the kid has had the vaccine or isn’t showing any signs of Coronavirus. If you are sick, stay home. If you have COVID, you need to be released by Medical professional after you are well. Masks are not mandated, just recommended in larger crowds. That’s the way I understand it. Lets just hope that we can get through this football season without it having a major effect on football programs. 

Here is the message below:

Good evening parents,

This is Dr. Chris Causey, Director of Robertson County Schools.  I want to thank you for your patience this year, as we have started a great school year amidst the rise in COVID-19 positive cases in our schools.  We are aware of the number of students that have been quarantined due to contact tracing guidelines that have been recommended by the CDC and state and local health departments.  The purpose of this phone call is to notify you of new guidelines that will go into effect beginning immediately.

Masks or face shields are recommended for staff and students on the school bus, in the hallway, and other areas where students cannot socially distance.  Although they are not required, masks have been shown to limit the spread of COVID-19 and continue to be recommended by local, state, and national health officials.

Students and staff that have been exposed to a COVID positive person will be notified by the Health Dept. regarding quarantine guidelines.  However, if your student is vaccinated or not showing symptoms of COVID-19, he/she will be allowed to attend class if they arrive at school.  Students with symptoms of illness will be placed in the school clinic with a mask required and wait to be picked up.  Students and staff testing positive for COVID-19 will only be allowed to return to school with a proper medical release.

This guidance is also for those students and staff that are currently quarantined at this time, meaning that in the absence of symptoms, they may return to school, unless they have tested positive for COVID-19.

We do apologize for the change in our current protocol but feel that too many healthy students are losing face to face instruction due to our current procedures.  Please visit www.rcstn.net/healthandsafetyplan for more guidance.

Edited by Fryinpan66

2 hours ago, Fryinpan66 said:

Robertson County made some changes effective today. No more quarantining for contact tracing, especially if the kid has had the vaccine or isn’t showing any signs of Coronavirus. If you are sick, stay home. If you have COVID, you need to be released by Medical professional after you are well. Masks are not mandated, just recommended in larger crowds. That’s the way I understand it. Lets just hope that we can get through this football season without it having a major effect on football programs. 

Here is the message below:

Good evening parents,

This is Dr. Chris Causey, Director of Robertson County Schools.  I want to thank you for your patience this year, as we have started a great school year amidst the rise in COVID-19 positive cases in our schools.  We are aware of the number of students that have been quarantined due to contact tracing guidelines that have been recommended by the CDC and state and local health departments.  The purpose of this phone call is to notify you of new guidelines that will go into effect beginning immediately.

Masks or face shields are recommended for staff and students on the school bus, in the hallway, and other areas where students cannot socially distance.  Although they are not required, masks have been shown to limit the spread of COVID-19 and continue to be recommended by local, state, and national health officials.

Students and staff that have been exposed to a COVID positive person will be notified by the Health Dept. regarding quarantine guidelines.  However, if your student is vaccinated or not showing symptoms of COVID-19, he/she will be allowed to attend class if they arrive at school.  Students with symptoms of illness will be placed in the school clinic with a mask required and wait to be picked up.  Students and staff testing positive for COVID-19 will only be allowed to return to school with a proper medical release.

This guidance is also for those students and staff that are currently quarantined at this time, meaning that in the absence of symptoms, they may return to school, unless they have tested positive for COVID-19.

We do apologize for the change in our current protocol but feel that too many healthy students are losing face to face instruction due to our current procedures.  Please visit www.rcstn.net/healthandsafetyplan for more guidance.

A good common sense approach - IMO.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2021 at 10:26 PM, vandyfan1 said:

I’m keeping an open mind about Waverly’s season this year. I know we are not in 2A anymore and when the playoffs come around it’s time to strap up or shut up. To many factors for me to give a prediction for our season. Covid being the main reason. Waverly should have a great year but time will tell. Hoping  I can down there to watch them next week. Unless Stewart county graduated their main players I’d say it will be between them Fairview and Waverly for the top spot in the region. 

Region 5 will be high seas. It's possible to get through it. Particularly with Pearl moving up. Beware though. There could be a signficant wave in front of you by November. World class talent in Nashville, TN.