Betsy 2021 Outlook

TinCanBetsyFan

6 minutes ago, nickleback said:

Elizabethton needs play Mitchell county, Mitchell is very small 1a school in NC. They are probably good as any them on betys schedule

Not so Fast. I don’t think most Betsy fans think Anderson Co. or Greeneville is the same as Mitchell. Pisgah High told Greeneville to bring it on and got mercy ruled.

13 minutes ago, lawnman said:

You are correct noone.

Lawnman, I think you are almost better off not playing this week, big picture. The open week benefits your coaches more than anyone. Followed by your QB, safeties and linebackers. The team has fresher legs rather than recuperating from 2 tough games on the gams. Lots of controlled running, special plays and work on weaknesses. The Devils have a much easier game Friday and seconds will probably get lots of snaps. You know the GHS coaches and they won’t admit to it, but they’re working on the orange and black. Probably won’t run their whole package, but an ole’ Devil trick would be to run a couple of special plays that Betsy won’t see next Friday, but will have to prep for.

Edited by noonesfool

21 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Lawnman, I think you are almost better off not playing this week, big picture. The open week benefits your coaches more than anyone. Followed by your QB, safeties and linebackers. The team has fresher legs rather than recuperating from 2 tough games on the gams. Lots of controlled running, special plays and work on weaknesses. The Devils have a much easier game Friday and seconds will probably get lots of snaps. You know the GHS coaches and they won’t admit to it, but they’re working on the orange and black. Probably won’t run their whole package, but an ole’ Devil trick would be to run a couple of special plays that Betsy won’t see next Friday, but will have to prep for.

I think it will benefit us as well for not playing this week and i for one know that the Devils will be ready next Friday night and I will have to admit the Devils look pretty dang good this year and we all know they are tired of hearing about the back to back State champs.I love when the Devils and Betsy play noone and it’s always a hard hitting game and in my opinion there are not two better teams in 4A in the whole State.

11 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

I mean no disrespect to Mitchell County when I say this but......  have you bumped your head??

I think Nickleback would just like to see Mitchell get beat. I think it would benefit the starters to play Friday and at least get a half in.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Appvol said:

I think Nickleback would just like to see Mitchell get beat. I think it would benefit the starters to play Friday and at least get a half in.

I would have rather played this week then not but unfortunately just couldn’t get it to happen.  This misconception that Betsy is “afraid” to play Mitchell county is baffling.  

1 minute ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

I would have rather played this week then not but unfortunately just couldn’t get it to happen.  This misconception that Betsy is “afraid” to play Mitchell county is baffling.  

100% Mitchell posters on the NC board are very confident on the success they have had in 1a over the years. Close to getting to the championship game a couple of times.