Grundy 2021

Raider1234

No Challenger I hear you.  We have been watching the housing in the county as part of a decision process and I have noticed that the volume of available housing is reflective of the small population size and low turnover rate.  I don't live in GC just looking as part of an analysis on decisions.

Edited by LTCB
add a word

Raider, The 5 members of the school board have already made their decision and sent out marching orders to the new director.  They wanted Hayworth out and Coach Bryant in.  Word is they are now trying to buy a little time making it look like it wasn't a done deal before Hayworth was even let go.  It will be Coach Bryant according to the school board "chief".  Don't know what they are waiting on.  They need to get Coach Bryant finalized and quit wasting more time.

2 hours ago, Rocky34 said:

Raider, The 5 members of the school board have already made their decision and sent out marching orders to the new director.  They wanted Hayworth out and Coach Bryant in.  Word is they are now trying to buy a little time making it look like it wasn't a done deal before Hayworth was even let go.  It will be Coach Bryant according to the school board "chief".  Don't know what they are waiting on.  They need to get Coach Bryant finalized and quit wasting more time.

ECHO!!!

On 3/9/2021 at 2:41 PM, Rocky34 said:

I realize there probably are some folks in the world that have had a second marriage to the same person be successful but realistically this never works.  After everything that this school has been through in the last 15/20 years why in the world would anyone in that school system think that going backwards is the key to success?  Does anyone on that school board have a clue about Football? Cause whether its the fellow mentioned above or someone else what are they waiting on.  This program is light years behind and gonna take someone alot of time and effort to instill some pride back in them YellowJackets.  The Administration/School Board needs to move asap before your better athletes come up with an exit strategy to go assist one of these neighboring schools.  

Edited by Headhunter42
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Headhunter42 said:

I realize there probably are some folks in the world that have had a second marriage to the same person be successful but realistically this never works.  After everything that this school has been through in the last 15/20 years why in the world would anyone in that school system think that going backwards is the key to success?  Does anyone on that school board have a clue about Football? Cause weather its the fellow mentioned above or someone else what are they waiting on.  This program is light years behind and gonna take someone alot of time and effort to instill some pride back in them YellowJackets.  The Administration/School Board needs to move asap before your better athletes come up with an exit strategy to go assist one of these neighboring schools.  

When is the application deadline? I don’t see many showing interest. It’s a revolving door there it seems. I remember when the school board meetings would get shared on Twitter. It was a circus! Do you all still film your meetings?

21 hours ago, Headhunter42 said:

I realize there probably are some folks in the world that have had a second marriage to the same person be successful but realistically this never works.  After everything that this school has been through in the last 15/20 years why in the world would anyone in that school system think that going backwards is the key to success?  Does anyone on that school board have a clue about Football? Cause weather its the fellow mentioned above or someone else what are they waiting on.  This program is light years behind and gonna take someone alot of time and effort to instill some pride back in them YellowJackets.  The Administration/School Board needs to move asap before your better athletes come up with an exit strategy to go assist one of these neighboring schools.  

As an outsider looking in at this program for the last 30 years or so I would have to say you are dead on in your assessment.  One could argue this might be one of the worst coaching situations in the state.  I don't know why anyone with other options would ever want this job.

3 hours ago, Rocky34 said:

Headhunter42, you are spot on!  You appear to have a lot of common sense...would you consider running for the Grundy County School Board?? :grin:

Well first off, I'm not from Grundy County which the fellow in the last post assumed I was so I have no knowledge of the inter workings of how their system works or times lines or any of that and to be honest it doesn't appear that the ones that are running it know either, just an outsiders opinion.  I am sure they are all nice people.   I do however live close enough to the area to know a little bit about all the Southeast TN/North Ga teams and follow high school sports in general because I have had kids that have played and are currently playing.  So I pull for all kids that have the drive to get off the couch and put them selves out there for any sport.  As far as running for the school Board, from what everybody always says is that Grundy don't pay enough, so I doubt they could afford me. lol