Grundy 2021

Raider1234

49 minutes ago, LTCB said:

Worse than Red Boiling Springs?

it's a little different situation at say a RBS or Pickett County.  They don't have enough kids and most of the people at those places don't seem to care (not much pressure on the coach).  Grundy on the other hand thinks they should be competing against the Sequatchie Valley teams on a regular basis.  Like I said, I'm a complete outsider so I know nothing about the ins and outs of what is happening.  I do know it has been a disaster there (Grundy) for years.

18 hours ago, Headhunter42 said:

Interviews starting this week, but its believed to be smoke and mirrors as it appears they have settled in on the hometown boy who coached there in years past who led them to a couple 6 win seasons but you can confirm looking at previous years records. 

Where has the guy been coaching at since he left Grundy ? 

On 3/16/2021 at 10:03 AM, Raider1234 said:

Where has the guy been coaching at since he left Grundy ? 

I do not know the fellow and since no one has mentioned where or if he has been coaching since his time at Grundy the first time, I would assume he has not been coaching.  Maybe someone more familiar with the family could confirm.  

I don't think Coach Bryant has been coaching any the last few years.  He is a good guy and not really sure why he was fired in the first place.  I have always believed that Grundy Co. can compete with all the valley teams and be very competitive year in and year out in their region.  Here is the problem fella's.  We have always had a school board that thinks they can make any personnel decision they want and they hire/fire people as they wish.  9 member board so the first side to 5 always wins.  That's not their job as board members.  That responsibility lies with the director of schools.  The school board can only hire/fire the director but our board thinks it applies to everyone up here.  Because our board members are always changing, personnel decisions are always changing and coaches from the outside know that.  I hate to say this but a good football coach would be crazy to come up here and take over our program.  Whoever the new coach is, it will be a short term stay (normally 3 years max).  The current school board has known since before the end of last season that they were going to get rid of Hayworth and bring in Bryant.  This whole interviewing/hiring process is a joke.  The board has been taking some heat for the way they let Hayworth go and this whole interview committee thing was set up just to try and make it look like the deal wasn't already made behind the scenes.  The board can't even agree on who to interview.  Some board members don't want to interview the best candidates because they want Bryant to be the top choice.  That's fine, hire him and let's get started with the 2021 season.  They have wasted 5 months of preparation for the new coach because they are always bickering among themselves and making deals with each other and not the director.  And it's not just the new director they don't support.  They are consistent and never allow any director to make the important decisions for the school system.  I will always be a yellow jacket supporter but I'm honestly ashamed for the way we handle things here.

9 hours ago, Rocky34 said:

This whole interviewing/hiring process is a joke.  The board has been taking some heat for the way they let Hayworth go and this whole interview committee thing was set up just to try and make it look like the deal wasn't already made behind the scenes.

Who is on the interview committee? When are interviews? Any good candidates?

I was told that there had been an issue with the director of schools with Coach Bryant  (and a few other coaches)  Now that she is gone.......

Grundy County High School football coach Nick Bryant has been suspended for a week. The move comes after an incident during halftime of Friday's loss to Silverdale. The parent of an athlete says Bryant kicked a garbage can as he entered the locker room. The can hit one of his players, but didn't injure him. The school's athletic committee says its code of conduct was violated, so Bryant's been suspended for all activities through this Friday, including the upcoming game at Signal Mountain. Grundy County director of schools Jody Hargis says the suspension wasn't just over one incident, and that there were several issues leading up to it. chattanooga times free press Sep 18, 2013