Boyd Buchanan vs CPA 1A finals

Guest DRA123

I wont be pulling for CPA or Boyd. But i will be sitting on CPA side .The guy with the bullhorn will see how it feels to be on the other end.We are not sore losers. If we had lost to a team that was equal to our team i would have wished them Good luck and went and pulled for them all the way . Those two teams were mismatched and you know it.I agree we did play some teams that was no match for us but we also played teams that was very good. Public school should not have to play Private school. If we have to play the private schools we should be able to form a All Star team from the county schools then i think it would be a fair game. See you at the game. CLOUDLAND#

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by deisel3452:

I'm a little confused about why you would cheer on CPA, a private school, against Boyd, also a private school. Are you just sore losers? Your argument makes no sense if you pull for one private school over another. :confused:

maybe cause its not only about public vs. private.

CPA should take this one. Their line is dominant and they will be better coached. If they can shut down the Ezell passing game, Boyd should be no problem. Boyd may have a better deliverer of the ball; but, the catchers of the ball at Ezell are far superior to Boyd. CPA handled them OK and will shut down the Boyd passing game. Can Boyd run on CPA? My money would not be on that happening. CPA by 13.

Guest JP7SHELLY

Throw all stats out in a game of this magnitude. I think that Boyd has greatly improved since the Ezell game. Both teams will have good gameplans and will be prepared. I think the outcome of the game will be Healy's ability to make plays out of nothing with his feet and by looking downfield when he scrambles. From what I have seen and heard, both teams are classy. I'm going out on a limb here and predicting Boyd by 3-7. If Boyd can contain CPA's running game like they did Cloudland's then they have a strong chance.

Good post JP. (the 1st from an ezell fan) I think that you have an excellant point. I do think that Boyd will be able to shut down the run because they have been tested lately. Lipscomb, Gordonsville and Cloudland were all running teams and we were able to come out on top of all of those.

I do think that CPA will have some success with the run, but not enough for a victory.

This should be a pretty decent game. Boyd is a good team and C.P.A is too. What impresses me about C.P.A. is that defense. I have read several articles how they totally shut people down. I am thinking for Boyd to win Healy is going to have to carry them. I think it will be extremely difficult to run on C.P.A. I honestly dont think Boyd is better than U.S.J. and Ezell and they couldnt run the ball either. I think it will be hard for Boyd to score more than 14 points on C.P.A because that defense is so good. I think Boyd's defense is going to have to play a great game. Keep C.P.A's scoring to a minimum. If Boyd can hold C.P.A to 21 points or less then they have a shot. I just don't see anyway though that Boyd can light up the scoreboard against this bunch. I still think that Boyd's team from 1999 was alot better than this team. The only problem was they had to play us (So.Pitt) twice that year. That team only went to the semi's but if not for us then they would have been to the semi's if not the state. They were easily the 2nd or 3rd best team in the state that year. Alot of people assume this is Boyd's best team just because they have went the furthest. I think it is a given though that their best team in school history was 99. I mean the QB wasnt near the passer Healy is but man he was a great athlete. Those giants they had on the line were very impressive as well. Cloudland has a good program they are just not the calibar teams So.Pitt and Trousdale has had for years. Oh yeah by the way don't feel bad because Healy didnt win Mr.Football. In 1998 when Eddie Moore did not win Mr. Football I found out then that the award is a joke. U T football coaches have even said he was the best player in 1A-3A that season. That award is a farce so dont worry about it. They gave it to U.S.J.'s Tripp Tucker that year. Eddie had over 200 yards rushing against Trousdale in the semi's that year. The next week when Trousdale beat U.S.J. by 40 points in the Clinic Bowl the Mr. Football winner had like 45 yards on 28 carries. Like I said im from South Pitt so im no Boyd fan, but the fact remains you have the best player in 1A on your team. Healy is the best player in our division.

I am no expert, but here is my pre-game analysis based strictly on hearsay...

For CPA to win --

1. Control the clock. This means run the ball and make first downs. If they make BBS play defense more than half the time, it will be a long afternoon for the Bucs. They were able to do this against a similar (probably better at the time) Ezell-Harding in both matchups.

2. Break a big play or two. Even though they dominated the game against a solid USJ team, they didn't ice it until they broke a long run very late in the game. If it stays within one score, anything can happen. If they are able to make a big play in the running game or hit a long pass or make a big play on defense, it will give them a distinct advantage.

3. Make no major mistakes on their end of the field. They must keep the field turned around on Boyd-Buchanan in order to make the Bucs go a long way when they get the ball.

For BBS to win --

1. Take what CPA's defense gives them. Patience will be a major virtue against this sound/superb defense. As good as the Lions are, there are going to be some opportunities out there. (Unless they are the Baltimore Ravens of 2001! If they are, too bad for the Bucs!)

2. Play great defense against the run. The Bucs need to really stop them on first down and put them in uncomfortable down and distance situations. If CPA rips off 6 or more yards on first down consistently, BBS will struggle.

3. Win the special teams. This has been a strength at times for the Bucs, though you wouldn't know it by their semi-final performance. If they can't snap, set, kick, punt, etc., consistently, then they are asking for trouble.

I realize some of this is super obvious, but the bigger the game and the more evenly matched the teams, the more it comes down to basic things. Unless I am badly mistaken (which is a real possibility) I think this is an even game.

Please, dont further peoples bad impression of Boyd fans by spewing junk like that. CPA is a great team and we are going to have to play our best game of the year to win. Its fine to be confident, but stick to helping our team with support instead of just getting all the CPA fans angry. I expect a very competitive game on Friday, and I hope that both teams' players and fans can keep it clean.

Please, dont further peoples bad impression of Boyd fans by spewing junk like that. CPA is a great team and we are going to have to play our best game of the year to win. Its fine to be confident, but stick to helping our team with support instead of just getting all the CPA fans angry. I expect a very competitive game on Friday, and I hope that both teams' players and fans can keep it clean.