Powell vs. Catholic 2021

KnoxVil

1 minute ago, KnoxVil said:

Funny that you say “ducking” good opponents.... who said that? All I asked was why Powell would not play Catholic.... nothing more. I know a “primary player” or two as well. I guess it just depends which one you talk to. Have a great weekend HTV!

Do you actually read what you post?  

Your first post in this thread inferred that Powell was refusing to play the game.  

That's just not accurate.  

40 minutes ago, HTV said:

The kabosh has officially been put on this one.  

According to a person whose signature would have to be on a contract to play such a game, no game has been proposed nor will it be.  It's not going to happen, and it's not because of "competitive" reasons.  

A couple of points:

1.  If Powell were "ducking" good opponents, would they have accepted a game with the then two time defending state champion Central Bobcats last fall on 4 days notice?  Would they have agreed to go to Maryville in week 2 of the 2021 season?  

2.  As for a potential "$17K gate", that's just not realistic.  Catholic doesn't have the following fan base to help generate their share that large a crowd, especially playing a game that's on television on a Thursday night.  Catholic doesn't have the alumni base or numbers of students/parents to support it, and Thursday night crowds just aren't that big, no matter who has played in those games.  TV does cut in to gate in a big way on Thursdays.  

Reasonable and rational thought, not to mention facts from one of the primary players, pretty much proves this as nothing but unfounded rumor.  

Time to move on to the next anti Powell conspiracy.  

Agree.  Although I do think the Powell at Maryville game regardless that it is on TV or not, will be sold out and standing room only.  

22 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Agree.  Although I do think the Powell at Maryville game regardless that it is on TV or not, will be sold out and standing room only.  

We'll see.  During my time broadcasting at Maryville the only games I have seen that had that kind of crowd at Maryville were Maryville/Alcoa games and Maryville/Oakland semifinal games.  

TV just makes it too easy for the fan with no ties to either school to stay home and watch without having to deal with the traffic, parking, and crowds.  

Edited by HTV
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HTV said:

Do you actually read what you post?  

Your first post in this thread inferred that Powell was refusing to play the game.  

That's just not accurate.  

THEY DID SAY NO! I never said they were scared. Those words were never typed. I simply asked why would they not play?

This is ACCURATE!

Edited by KnoxVil

4 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

THEY DID SAY NO! I never said they were scared. Those words were never typed. I simply asked why would they not play?

This is ACCURATE!

No offense intended,  but I will take the word of one who would have received such a proposal had it actually been presented. 

As you said, have a nice weekend.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, PHSClassof92 said:

It's happening isn't it...heard the deal may be reached today. 

38 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

From what I hear it is a done deal......10/22

If it does, I’ll say this. I HATE Powell because I don’t like how they conduct business over there but I’ll say they dang sure ain’t afraid to play anyone. That’s a one of the toughest schedules I’ve ever seen if that game happens. Honestly, I just want it to happen so a certain someone on here has to eat Crow! :roflol:

2 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

If it does, I’ll say this. I HATE Powell because I don’t like how they conduct business over there but I’ll say they dang sure ain’t afraid to play anyone. That’s a one of the toughest schedules I’ve ever seen if that game happens. Honestly, I just want it to happen so a certain someone on here has to eat Crow! :roflol:

Lol.......